ASR A arms? What A Joke...

mjgnslngr

Dec 11, 2011
Vermont
www.facebook.com
what a bunch of D*cks!!! so, a few weeks ago i wanted to upgrade to a set of asr +3 arms. found a set on fleabay and checked em out. look good, sound good (by the general desrcription), but i have a few questions about fitment. i send them a very descriptive email asking about whether or not the come with stock tie rods sizing or can i order a set for 12mm ends. i ask about the shock fitment because i have the relocation kit to accept longer shocks. i ask about powdercoating options, their ad said something about custom colors taking longer... also, i ask about their collar issues. some guys on here have said that theyve had problems with the asr collars where the mount to the frame came with wrong size ones or none at all.
no reply...
i wait 3 days and i email again. hoping to hear back. then i see their phn number and give them a call.
no answer...leave a message.
i wait till last week and i call again, no answer. so i email again...
no reply.
These Are 500 Dollar a arms, youd think theyd wanna sell them right?
i finally get an email this morning...
Dear mjgnslngr,

They are stock length .

thats it! no answer to my list of questions, no Attempt at customer service, no ties rod sizing, no answer about my shock relocation, collar issues...nothing. i get:
They are stock length .
the moral of this story kiddies, keep buying from a company that couldnt give two sh*ts about making sure youre satisfied, that youre spending your hard earned money on their product and getting a taillight guarantee that theyll stand behind it! X(

I had nothing but the best customer service from ASR, not sure if they changed hands or employees but they helped me big time. Sorry to hear you had problems. They bent over backwards to help me out.

update; so i got an email this morning from ASR v.p. himself! said he has been looking into my complaint and apologized for the 'inept' customer service agent. theyre mailing me a bunch of stickers and a $75 dollar off coupon for use towards a new set of their a arms. Nice! looks like ill be getting a set after all! note for all you guys out there, im not saying it pays to biotch if you dont have a valid point. what i am saying is 'dont get bullied and think its ok. i went thru this crap with these guys for over a month and change. just trying to get Basic customer service questions answered. it took this long to get my response. i see a couple of guys on here getting bs products that We pay Hella good money for! dont take no for an answer...

The only issue I ever had with them was they sent me black PC +3+1 long travel arms and silver hammertone PC Tie rods . I was a bit irritated after spending that much and they made such a retarded mistake , and I should have contacted them and griped , I just left them as is . I feel ya on the customer service aspect , I for one make sure I treat The Utility customers in my service area like they are royalty and do everything I can to make sure they are taken care of and FEEL like they can flag me down anytime and get a question answered . Customer service is a lost art , it's really sad if you ask me .

The only issue I ever had with them was they sent me black PC +3+1 long travel arms and silver hammertone PC Tie rods . I was a bit irritated after spending that much and they made such a retarded mistake , and I should have contacted them and griped , I just left them as is . I feel ya on the customer service aspect , I for one make sure I treat The Utility customers in my service area like they are royalty and do everything I can to make sure they are taken care of and FEEL like they can flag me down anytime and get a question answered . Customer service is a lost art , it's really sad if you ask me .
it seems when theres a demand for something like cell phones or GAS, it doesnt matter how crappy they treat people because they Know its a commodity. but that doesnt give them the right. im a service writer at a dealership. people come in pissed all the time and i do my absolute best to make sure they leave content and treated respectfully. youre right man, its a dying art and it is sad. if nothing else you would think that people would want to treat others the way they expect to be treated. it make for a much better place...
(btw, love the shee man!!!)

alright kiddies ive seen fast shipping before but this was ridiculous!!! i ordered a set of +3 up 1 a arms from ASR on monday afternoon. i got them today!!! that tells you that when you got a legitimate beef, they go above and beyond. got em on this afternoon. how does it look now???
image.jpg

image_1-1.jpg

p.s. dont try to clearcoat powdercoat, it f*cks up the stickers pretty good. lol
just thought itd keep em looking like new longer, bad idea.

looks good bro,
i had my rims flipped like that for the extra wide stance, but couldn't bare to see my calipers hangin out for every rock to beat off of, so i flipped them back

i thought the same thing, but the fronts have a deep offset. guess i could flip em backwards? they line up perfect with the +6 axle though and i dont have disk brakes...yet!

looks good bro,
i had my rims flipped like that for the extra wide stance, but couldn't bare to see my calipers hangin out for every rock to beat off of, so i flipped them back

Get that brain fired up and come up with some caliper guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet a arms. I hope to get some by this time next year. Little at a time for me.
same here, ive been saving for a few months. but when i got that rebate, i couldnt pass it up. besides it expired in 30 days. lol! gotta give them marketing guys that, they know how to work ya! taking it for a run this friday with the kids, gonna see how much of a real difference between these and the diamond j.