Are Ebay Carburetors decent ?

I bought a 1992 yfs 200 that had been sitting for 5+ years. The carb, gas tank, and crankcase were gunk up with sediment. I ordered a carb from ebay. But, it came without the tors switch on top of carb, and wouldn't work on my quad. So, I just took the carb off, took the bottom reservoir cover off, and cleaned it up real good, changed crankcase oil, cleaned out gas tank, and it fired right up. So I would definitely try cleaning the carb 1st before you go and buy the carburetor off ebay. This is the 2nd carb I bought off eBay the 1st one I bought was for a zuki LTZ50. It was Almost a match but I had to do some rigging up to make it Fit on that quad, And it didn't run like a new carburetor should. No matter how many adjustments i made

I bought a 1992 yfs 200 that had been sitting for 5+ years. The carb, gas tank, and crankcase were gunk up with sediment. I ordered a carb from ebay. But, it came without the tors switch on top of carb, and wouldn't work on my quad. So, I just took the carb off, took the bottom reservoir cover off, and cleaned it up real good, changed crankcase oil, cleaned out gas tank, and it fired right up. So I would definitely try cleaning the carb 1st before you go and buy the carburetor off ebay. This is the 2nd carb I bought off eBay the 1st one I bought was for a zuki LTZ50. It was Almost a match but I had to do some rigging up to make it Fit on that quad, And it didn't run like a new carburetor should. No matter how many adjustments i made

Don't wanna piggyback off your post. But sense this carburetor was brought up. Does anybody know if you can get a kit to remove The tors switch assembly Box above the carburetor. If so can you recommend where I could buy that kit?

Don't wanna piggyback off your post. But sense this carburetor was brought up. Does anybody know if you can get a kit to remove The tors switch assembly Box above the carburetor. If so can you recommend where I could buy that kit?
Vitos performance has them. You will have to drill a hole in side of carb for idle screw.
Comes in the kit

Reactions: Daniel Garcia
Vitos performance has them. You will have to drill a hole in side of carb for idle screw.
Comes in the kit
Thanks,
I noticed that there are atleast 2 different size carburetor caps nuts. One that was 1 3/4" wide and I have 1 that is approximately 2" wide. When I'm looking for the kits I don't see nothing that specifies the size of this cap for the carburetor .Do you know anything about them caps? They are the ones that screw on top of carburetor and throttle cable goes thru it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200830-082059_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-082059_eBay.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
If it's the tors delete for the stock carb you should be good.
I believe the bigger caps are for the bigger mm carbs