any bolt on 4stroke motors available?

there isnt a motor 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor that will bolt right in, except a blaster motor...(other than a DT200? i think) im pretty sure theres some fab work involved in all the motor swaps...

and way more expensive to fix when you do find a problem, i'd look into a briggs and stratton, haha

Last edited:
to me there just more reliable and easier to maintain and find problems...

honestly any motor 2 stroke or 4 stroke is reliable it just depends on how you treat it and ride them how your supposed to ride them. 4 strokes cost a ton to fix if they break. and a 2 stroke is very easy to find the problem. with a blaster if its pouring out white smoke its your crank seals. if you have no compression its your top end. if you have crappy throttle response its your TORS. if your engine seizes its most likely an oil injection failure. if your bogging its your jetting. when you think about it its a lot less complicated than a 4 stroke

to me there just more reliable and easier to maintain and find problems...

My cousin's 440ex breaks down everytime I ride with him. He has calvin pissing on yamaha stickers but it's always a 2 stroke blaster pulling him home. It dosen't matter if it's 2 or 4 stroke crap breaks if it isn't taken care of. If you want four stroke buy a yzf or a warrior. If you want to do a blaster swap drop in a cr500r engine or something sick like that. If you want reliable have everyone here help you out modding your blaster engine right and take care of it. It's okay to beat the hell out of it just change oil, filter, plug, and mix your gas right.

The only thing I've ever found to be a problem with two strokes is the jetting... Thats probably why my blaster kept dieing and running sh*tty.

Sorry, i know im new here but thats not the bikes problem, thats 100% a problem with the owner.

Learn how to jet and tune = no problem.

Why oh Why would you want to put a 4T motor where a 2T motor was.
I could understand the other way around.

Go buy a 4T quad.

Cheers, Bob.

It be cheaper for you to just buy a 4poke bro. But if want them to go fast like a 2stroke the become unreliable also. My buddy has a worked YFZ 450 and he has to rebuild it every winter.

I know this is an old thread, but this is what will go in on my Blasty:

xdtsig.jpg

4 stroke electric / kick start 17 h.p. stock and twice the torque of the blaster. Yes this engine is faster than a piped, reed, filter, well tuned Blasty. This engine is very, very strong and you can't kill it. Parts availability is very good. Engine price is great to. The fuel tank will need to be modded (with an industrial heat gun) in order to acomodate the taller engine, motor mounts fabbed and a few odds and ends. Fab a battery bracket right where the 2 stroke oil reservoir used to be.
This engine will make the Blaster Great!!!!!

We already have a 22 h.p. (some mods) engine in another, little bit bigger frame (imagine, it's a chinese frame) It weights a ton. This chinese quad, with the old 250cc engine, I would just smoke it with my blaster, but know, it's untouchable. Also, it's about rideability. These are very smooth, even with some mods. When you mod a 2 stroke (it all depends what you mod it for) The can become temperamental and hell to ride in the trails. But you already knew that.

For all of you out there looking for a cheap, very strong, good engine to transplant into your Blaster...This is it.

I know the 2 stroke lovers will start a war (I have 2 more 2 strokes), but once you try this, you'll know. Besides, most of the guys rising hell about these conversion have never done or even attempted one. So let's hear it.

TORKER.

Last edited: