Another project

2strokerdie

Dec 5, 2014
Middletown ct
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys picked up another blaster this past weekend. Has a bunch of after market suspension (trenga) and an LRD pipe. It runs but has a bunch of air leaks so already ripped the topend apart. Had 128psi for compression and still on a stock bore. I'll post a few pics, it's a little rough but not too bad for $700! Watcha guys think?

image.jpg
I actually have the plastics and they're not that bad. I was amazed at the jug still being stock bore and nothing done to it at all as far as any home porting or anything. The pipe is taking some serious work with the old foil. Not sure what is on it but it isn't ez to get off. But u can see where I've already worked it.

While it is a nice pipe, it is a pain to seal that huge joint... all i can say is good luck

works shocks are nice, trenga rear brakes are sketchy according to some people

Very true about the back brakes. Not sure what a arms are on it. Definitely wider and look to be +1 forward also. Not what brand the front rims are either.

I guess I'll try the high temp RTV trick on the pipe and hope for the best. Did someone say that you can't get the pipe in and out in one piece, that's why you shouldn't braze it? Thought I read that somewhere. Just curious cuz I was able to get it out.

I say, adjust it where you want your power to come on, mark it's location than braze on.

I was able to get it out together. That's the only reason I'm considering brazing it. I'm thinking the only downside would be for resale. If I wanted to sell it then it may not be worth as much? Then again why would I sell it if it didn't leak!:)

Anybody know anything about the trenga swing arms. I saw the one pic from mr_3_0_5 and it looks exactly the same. Just wondering if they made different sizes or were they all +3. The chain is 98 links if that helps identify it.

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on. Been busy with the kids and life but figured I'd give a little update. I ended up completely stripping the quad down to the frame. That's where I'm at now. Going to gusset the frame and give it a 2k paint job. Thought about PC 'in got but I have the stuff to shoot it with auto paint so y not. Was thinking about getting my works shocks set up for my weight and riding style but not sure where I should send them and what it would cost. Figured I'd check with my forum bro's first to get any input. The purpose of this thing is a very aggressive trail quad/ mx. Leaning more for trail riding. Any info on those shocks would be appreciated.