another newbie.. ;)

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
(
What's up fellas. New guy here from N.Y. Hudson valley. Just gotn my son a blaster a few months ago and luckily ran actross this site. I tell ya this forum is great guys... its an 06 blue plastics fmf pipe n silencer dg nerfs boyeseen reeds or however u spell it I'm new so give me a lil break will ya. Ill try and post some pics as soon as I can.. I'm.not sure if what or if anything has ben done to the motor but this lil thing is a blast to ride. (Thats why its a blaster right)i was told by previous owner that tors was deleted witch I do know and also that it has a high compression weisco piston n rings. All on standard bore. He is a Boeing engine mechanic and he said he gotn bored over the winter and did it just because and not that it needed it he just wanted to do it. Is there any way of me knowing without taking the head off? I mean this lil.thing rips.. it also has a K and n air filter with n outwears coverthing I believe also rejetted. Also came with 3 sets of rear tires stock were on it and look about 80% left on them and fronts look almost new. I have the 18" dunlop on the rear now witch were brand new and also a set of dune tires that look just like the for snow tires with new tubes that I will install in the winter. Also brand new itp xrs on the front with itp rims. My question is should i change the front or rear sprockets for the tire change size? Thanks guys.. next in line is oil block off kit. Any other suggestions.

I would jsut do a compression test and leak test on that motor. compression should be around 130 psi or so on a fresh rebuild. research for doing a leak test. and people sell them here cheap. also check what jet that carb has in it. with that set up if there isnt' an airbox lid you should be around 290 main jet. pilot and needle are fine stock

I would jsut do a compression test and leak test on that motor. compression should be around 130 psi or so on a fresh rebuild. research for doing a leak test. and people sell them here cheap. also check what jet that carb has in it. with that set up if there isnt' an airbox lid you should be around 290 main jet. pilot and needle are fine stock

How would i find who is selling leak down tester? Thnx. I am thinking he was telling truth Cu's this thing wheelies like crazy. It also came with a new vitos carb rebuild kit. He said it was jetted for winter. Is winter jetting diff than summer?

How would i find who is selling leak down tester? Thnx. I am thinking he was telling truth Cu's this thing wheelies like crazy. It also came with a new vitos carb rebuild kit. He said it was jetted for winter. Is winter jetting diff than summer?

Every 2 stroke should be leak tested when aquired and then at least twice a season!

Slickerthanyou assembles and sells the leak tester.

As the weather gets cooler the motor demands more fuel in the mix, the main jet must be increased. It is wise to plug chop to confirm jetting.

If you are toying with changing sprockets, it is a very good idea to fit new ones with a new chain.

Chains and sprockets marry for life and should not be seperated.

welcome to BF !
sounds like the previous owner knew what he was doing ?,
just check that main jet to be sure, they will run great lean until it's too late.
i bump my main up 2 sizes for temps under 50 degrees, and don't ride under freezing, LOL
but my summer jetting is spot on

links to the leakdown testers, jetting, plug chops and a bunch of other good reading/need to know links are in here........

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/my-general-troubleshooting-maintenance-30347/

you can if you want bump the gearing up to 14/40 for those 18's, or just live with the wheelies on them 18's,
they effectively gear it lower (quickness/torque),
the 20's gear it higher (speed)

same goes for the gearing
13/40 = quickness
14/40 = more speed

Last edited:
welcome to BF !
sounds like the previous owner knew what he was doing ?,
just check that main jet to be sure, they will run great lean until it's too late.
i bump my main up 2 sizes for temps under 50 degrees, and don't ride inder freezing, LOL
but my summer jetting is spot on

links to the leakdown testers, jetting, plug chops and a bunch of other good reading/need to know links are in here........

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/my-general-troubleshooting-maintenance-30347/

you can if you want bump the gearing up to 14/40 for those 18's, or just live with the wheelies on them 18's,
they effectively gear it lower (quickness/torque),
the 20's gear it higher (speed)

same goes for the gearing
13/40 = quickness
14/40 = more speed
So for now I will stick with the 18's. But most importantly ill plug chop and check my jets.. than pm slick in the future for a leak tester. Thanks for the help guys. Ohh and after that definetly a new chain along with new front and rear sprockets. I'm going to say this 1 more time;;; man these lil things are fun to ride..!!!!

most importantly ill plug chop and check my jets.. than pm slick in the future for a leak tester.

it should be proven leak proof before any jetting is attempted, or you may be jetting to mask an airleak

/\ i see you donated instead of subscribing ?
common mistake and the buttons at the top of the page should be changed to make it less confusing,
(subscription ? what the hell is that ? it should say JOIN)
maybe Pm an administator (cbaber or blasterfreek30) and see if it can be applied to a "subscription", it opens up the wanted/for sale threads and some other perks

read here.....

http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/blaster-forum-basics-rules-questions-etc-51751/

/\ i see you donated instead of subscribing ?
common mistake and the buttons at the top of the page should be changed to make it less confusing,
(subscription ? what the hell is that ? it should say JOIN)
maybe Pm an administator (cbaber or blasterfreek30) and see if it can be applied to a "subscription", it opens up the wanted/for sale threads and some other perks

read here.....

http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/blaster-forum-basics-rules-questions-etc-51751/

I will join ur right i was confused but in other sense' Johnstown P.A? .my mother grew up there aswell as my grand parents both went through the floods. ( just a small memory i had when visiting there) my gram is still there and shes 98.

I will join ur right i was confused but in other sense' Johnstown P.A? .my mother grew up there aswell as my grand parents both went through the floods. ( just a small memory i had when visiting there) my gram is still there and shes 98.

cool, last names and section of town they live/d in ?

i think you need to come visit gram next july, conveniently when i have my annual ride after the 4th

i think you need to come visit gram next july, conveniently when i have my annual ride after the 4th

July 4th is her bday. Go gram.!!! God bless her.. what kind of trails do you guys have out there?.

July 4th is her bday. Go gram.!!! God bless her.. what kind of trails do you guys have out there?.

big azz mountain w/ miles of trails, fireroads, strip mines, rocky technical stuff ect, ect.
previous years rides.....

Awk's Wild Ride II - Blaster Forum Group Ride (Part 2 of 2) - YouTube

Awk's Wild Ride III - Blaster Forum Group Ride - YouTube

Awk's Wild Ride II - Blaster Forum Group Ride (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

this past july's ride, pics vids starting with this post......
http://www.blasterforum.com/pennsylvania-53/awks-wild-ride-iv-47138/index19.html#post627634

last fiday.......http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/black-friday-ride-51786/

Thanks guys. I hvnt had much time to work on the blaster. I have ben working on the lil ones Kitty cat. I completly rebuilt the lil 60cc kawi 2 stroke. Had it running last night. I know its barely going to get itself out of its own way but for now it will get him on something with a motor. Top speed I think is about 6mph. Witch is just enough to keep me chasing him and running out of breath. Than next year ill do a motor swap on it. Just in time this year too Cu's its snowing here now.. I'm going to start up the blaster now and gonna have some fun doing donuts.. :) 2strokes 4ever;)

Well some last names are. Burkhardt. Flanagan. Baum and Anderson. Exact locations im not sure all in johnstown pa though.. I:I