Another blaster, I picked up

100_2021.jpg

painted the spring on the rear shock.

100_2017.jpg

Paper towels, when done, they have that card board roll. I just pealed it apart at the card board seems ad then split it again and inserted under the spring to paint it.

Reactions: blasterBruce
lookin good so far Ryan, i like the white/black scheme

be sure to get the thick washer off thats under the flywheel nut, so the blaster puller threads in as far as possible, use some lube and a wrench to bottom it out, or it'll strip the threads
and it's reverse thread

Here is more pics and info, I think there is one picture you all will like.

I put these on today, foot rests. this older frame, did not have the bolt mount on the frame. So I used some brackets and a thick heavy duty rubber washer.
100_2023.jpg

100_2024.jpg

I got some front fenders on, black, but painted white on top. used and not in the best of shape, but they will work.
100_2025.jpg

I did decals today for the blaster.

I added a yamaha decal on top of the raised lettering. i didnt want to attempt to paint it. I think it turned out good.

100_2026.jpg

And I thought you all would like this decal.

100_2033.jpg

100_2031.jpg

I had wanted to get to painting the rims today, but I didnt.

I was thinking just like the oem color , silver. I thought black would be to much, with the black frame.
And the front A arms are silver.

What ya think ?

Sporty

White wheels. hmm. I will toss that idea around.

I do like the idea of the silver / black pinstripe. on the fenders, they look kind of plain.

Ya I been putting like 8 to 10 hours a day on it, since I got it.

Does not look like much, but that stuff all takes time.

and hopefully all the pictures, help others, decide what to do when they mod a white one or something.

Sporty

lookin good ryan,
i spy electrical conduit straps for metal heelgaurds to 88/89 frame !!!!!!

lookin good ryan,
i spy electrical conduit straps for metal heelgaurds to 88/89 frame !!!!!!

Nope, but that's what I was gonna use. this was some kit, I got from a go-kart at one time and never used it. and low and behold, they came in handy today, thick steel. not like conduit stuff.

Sporty.

and thank you

So what's new today sporty?

Well after hitting very hard, like 4 hours of sleep in 3 days. I finally got some sleep and slept like 13 hours. lol.

But right now i am working on rims, sand, primer , paint. I am sticking with silver. sorry, i just felt white was to much of it.

I might have some pictures later.

I started with the rears.

Sporty

shes lookin ace buddy. so...i have an airsoft gun, what kinda trade can i get in your area for that? haha.

Well after hitting very hard, like 4 hours of sleep in 3 days. I finally got some sleep and slept like 13 hours. lol.

But right now i am working on rims, sand, primer , paint. I am sticking with silver. sorry, i just felt white was to much of it.

I might have some pictures later.

I started with the rears.

Sporty

I'm sure what ever you do will look great on the quad. And man I thought I was good for only getting 4 hours a night of sleep. But wow three day no thank you

Pics of the rear wheels.

100_2039.jpg

100_2040.jpg

100_2041.jpg

100_2042.jpg

100_2043.jpg

100_2044.jpg

100_2045.jpg

100_2046.jpg

100_2047.jpg

Added a headlight today and got rear brake.

Question, now the front got discs, hydro.

rears are not hydro, so how can I hook up the rear.

See the front hand lever is for the fronts, hydro, not cable

and there is no way to add cable lever for the rear.

Has anyone ran into this, anything you did to resolve ?

Sporty