aluminum welding really easy

all i got to say about the second vid is HOLY sh*t! it
doesent look strong at all.....but i guess it is

I have the same stuff and tried it on my clutch cover and it didn't work at all. The propane torch couldn't get it hot enough to make it stick. It stuck great to the little piece I was trying to weld on although.

you would have to tin it properly.. if propane isnt hot enough use mapp..
im gonna get some and fix a hole in a case ill let you know how it goes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen that product before.Even though I am equipped to weld aluminum I might just get some to try and have around.Good find bro.

you would have to tin it properly.. if propane isnt hot enough use mapp..
im gonna get some and fix a hole in a case ill let you know how it goes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StzZh8V1Kiw

I should get a mapp torch because the rods are sitting in my garage collecting dust right now. How much does a bottle of mapp and a nozzle cost anyways?

EDIT: Never mind, a bottle cost $12 and the cheapest nozzle at Canadian Tire is $45.

I should get a mapp torch because the rods are sitting in my garage collecting dust right now. How much does a bottle of mapp and a nozzle cost anyways?

EDIT: Never mind, a bottle cost $12 and the cheapest nozzle at Canadian Tire is $45.

yea the gas shouldnt be to much and the nozle you should be able to use the same one you used for the propane..

kewl stuff, id try it but i already spend the $120 and got the stainless and aluminum kit for my mig welder! each of those kits where $60 each, (came with cable liner, nozzle and 2 rolls of wire each), but compared to the prices listed ^ above it looks to be about the same cost wise!