Air screw

Connorfab

Apr 14, 2012
Hi, I was wondering what my carb settings should be. I have a stock blaster with the stock carb that has a 230 main jet in it. But I have a powercore 2 in. What Gould the air screw be at and the idle screw? Thanks

Like when I slam the gas. It bogs an goes

Your Powercore is your Silencer, your Gold Series is the pipe, is it the Fatty or the SST? And what do you mean, it bogs and goes? Goes as in it acts like it wants to stall and then crashes into the powerband???

Nobody can tell you what YOUR specific carb setting should be. There are too many variables, altitude, exact AFR, engine mods...things you might not be telling us. These are the reasons people will say, "Plug Chop!". So, you have to plug chop, and then for the air screw and idle screw settings, you need to know what it sounds like during idle and kinda tune by ear.

Reactions: motoman159
Yup. I thought te air screw would have to e backed out a little but i screwed it in? And it seems to be working.. Before it blew up... It's getting fixed and the guy said it blew because if a cold seizure.. But the plug tip by te gap was brownish and then the rest of the arm was lookin leanish but the inside was brown.

Does the idle screw effect the air screw?

The idle screw raises or lowers the slide to give a reference point for the idle speed.

The correct idle mixture is adjusted by the air screw. It is turned in either direction for maxium revs.

One should slowly turn in small increments, waiting for at least 10 secs for the motor to respond.

The motor must be at operating temp.

In- means it wants more feul mix less air! However running a 230 main with an FMF pipe of any kind is asking for a meltdown! 270-290 main, air screw 1-2 turns from all the way in, may need a slight needle change to dial it in better but most have 3rd clip. Float between 20-21.5mm

In- means it wants more feul mix less air! However running a 230 main with an FMF pipe of any kind is asking for a meltdown! 270-290 main, air screw 1-2 turns from all the way in, may need a slight needle change to dial it in better but most have 3rd clip. Float between 20-21.5mm

he is only running the silencer though

I could see usin a 270 main jet if it ha the fatty on but I don't use it cause it takes away from the top end

Every thing stock, air box lid on, filter stock, sea level ect:

#230 main jet, needle on middle clip.

Turn the idle screw to get a high idle, adjust air screw either way for fastest idle.

Set idle back down with idle screw.

If this not work, set to cleaning carb and doing a leak down test you, may have an air leak.

I just don't know what a perfect plug looks like.. The ones on the Internet are all old and shi*
And thanks I'll be doing it as soon as my blaster comes back:)