air rifle hunting???

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
do any of you go air rifle hunting???
i have a Crosman Storm XT air rifle with upgraded internals to fire at a supersonic 1400fps thats about 1027mph, high powered scope not sure of the specs

I go squirrel, rabbit, turkey hunting.....a couple days ago i shot a squirrel from about 150yards

this gun could take down a deer easy!

post up pics of your gun!!!!
here is a pic not my gun... ill get pics of mine tomorrow

pix2373811578.jpg

i usually take my .22 squirrel hunting and take my 12 ga. for rabbit and dove and sh*t. I also shot trap for 2 years on a team. My gun is a Franchi I-12

oh i have a little collection , browning citori over and under shot gun, another over and under from my dad.
this lever action winchester .22 with a nice scoop on it.
oh an old single shot 12 gauge but shes a peice of sh*t

no air guns but i do use a semi auto 270, single shot 243, 12 gauge, a 22, a 410 and a 7mm mag.

I've got a Rem 870 12ga super mag , SKS, win model 90 .22, muzzleloading pistol, crossman pellet gun, a 22 chipmunk, and my personal favorite my old S&W Eastfield A.K.A. Mr. Blasty
11-03-08_0844.jpg

when you get the door to door guy going around asking you to vote for his candidate point that at them and ask "well whats your parties stance on gun control" not that I've ever done that, but there are a couple Jehovah's wittnesses that will never knock on my door again

yeah i have a huge selection of real guns to i just think air rifle hunting is funner for small game
about 4 .22's, 2 12 guage shotgun's, 1 20 guage shotgun, Remington 30-30, mini 14-.223, 243 ( thats my sniper lol..)
i only had 1 .22 until the floods here..someone gave them to me because they were covered in mud so i took em and cleaned them up

KILLERS! LOL down here in Puerto Rico theres no hunting at all, then again thats boring to us, lol, nice guns anyways, my dad has a 9mm, but thats for protection.

the only air rifle hunting I have done is with a nail gun hooked up to an air compressor shooting mice around my dads shop. I:I I:I

and odd times... If I see a squirrel outside I slowly slide open the window and commence fire.

nice gun, i have a crosman c11 co2 pistol .177 but i don't really hunt with that as it has quite bad accuracy so you can't really guaranty a clean humane kill. as well in the uk there has been new laws introduced last year so you can't have an air gun that produces more that 12ft pounds of power with out a fire arm license and as i'm only 16 i can't get one. also my mum is really against it and as she has to buy me them and i give her the money as you have to be 18 to purchase one so that stops me really.

well i just use w.e i feel like i just look in the safe and choose but i like my brothers 243

well lets see...i have a Winchester 1300(12 ga.), Mossburg 500(12 ga.), H&R 12ga. single shot, Remington 30-06 bolt, marlin 30-30 lever, Henry 22 lever, Marlin Article II lever 22, savage 22 bolt, F.I.E. single action 22 revolver, ruger single six 22 revolver, ruger gp100 357mag double action revolver, springfeild 1911 A1 45acp, 2 ruger 10/22, stevens 22 pump, rossi 22/410, hi-point 9mm semiauto carbine, and at least 8 more i cain't remember right now i would go look but i ain't home now so...

That would be one hell of a shot to kill a deer with an air riffle. Even if you lunged it it might live with such a small piece of lead. Ive got a 30-06 semi, 30-30 lever, .32 remington special semi, .243 bolt, 12 gauge pump, 20 gauge bolt, .22 lever, .22 semi, .22 mag bolt. And a few muzzle loaders.

do any of you bow hunt???? or even own a bow???
I own an old longbow im against compound bows ....to much of an advantage

(pics will be up soon)