95 rear disc brake

freonface

Jan 19, 2009
I am sure some one knows the anwser to this. I just bought a old (95) blaster so my wife could follow me around on my rm. It dont have a rear caliper on it, so i am buying one. I have noticed that the disc, can slide back and forth on the spleen. What holds the disc from rideing up and down on the axel? the brake pads?? I could use some help here...thanx

blaster rear brakes

So are you saying that after i put the cailper on it will hold the disc from slideing??

you have to understand that the cables arent that bad. if you actually know what your doing you can lock those babies up just like hydros. yeah blaster brakes suck, but if you know what do with them they work just fine.

The disk should not just slide up and down the whole axel. There should be a rubber piece on either side of the axle with metal pinch rings holding on the rubber. this keeps the the disk from sliding back and forth. I maybe should have 1/8" play each way. Anything more is wrong.

The disk should not just slide up and down the whole axel. There should be a rubber piece on either side of the axle with metal pinch rings holding on the rubber. this keeps the the disk from sliding back and forth. I maybe should have 1/8" play each way. Anything more is wrong.

well first of all you have to the 2 collars and then the brake pads

95 blaster rear brakes

cool, I do have the rubber things there that stop it a little, but if you push the rotor hard it will make the rubber things slide..... I am glad I askd yall guys..thanks from Alaska