70mph

70 on a Blaster would be haulin ass, my 07 700 Raptor with fuel controller, intake, full exhaust, stock gearing would run exactly 70, that was multiple runs with a Garmin hand held GPS in my pocket, It would get there very quickly though. It would take a lot of HP to pull a Blaster with the gearing to hit that speed and still be fast.

I understand what you all mean about to acceleration iv even the same way but I ride with some friends that all run with like grizzlys and 4x4's but one of then has a 650 brain kawasakie prarie auto a I kill him on the jump but he slowly creeps up and caughtes me and I just want to out run him and his prarie runs 67 on the dot

Providing you are running the correct oil ratio (20 - 25:1) for a motor under 200ccs, and the jetting is correct (to provide adequate cooling) and there is sufficient air passing through the fins of the head and barrel , there should be no reason that a Blaster motor could not be run WOT for extended periods.

I can not believe I'm saying this, but for the first time I must disagree with you ... I have been told by a few different guys ( one machinist that works on recreational vehicles, and a guy that works at a atv/mc parts and service shop ) that riding at wot for more than 6 - 10 seconds in top gear without letting off the throttle can starve the upper part of the crank case of oil, thus preventing adequate lubrication. I forget exactly how they explained it but it made perfect sense and I very much trust their knowledge and judgement. Whatever the case may be I do not like taking risks when it comes to wasting money unnecessarily ! I'm not trying to shoot you down as we all now you have vast
knowledge and experience and I have never disagreed with you before, but that is what I was taught and believe so I had to share my 2 cents.

This is what the screen looks like. This is when I first started using it.
SC20130626-165159.png

Yea you can change the colors,or mph to km. Its really cool. and the adapter to mount to the bars I bought off ebay for like $10. I have a droid phone and downloaded the speedometer app for free from google market. Its pretty accurate I tested in my car.

Is it by chance your tachometer colors match your wheeler or did you set it like that ? Either way that's pretty cool.

I have been told by a few different guys ( one machinist that works on recreational vehicles, and a guy that works at a atv/mc parts and service shop ) that riding at wot for more than 6 - 10 seconds in top gear without letting off the throttle can starve the upper part of the crank case of oil, thus preventing adequate lubrication.on.

They got that correct but.................

The information that the guys gave you may have been based on using minimum oil requirements and optimum jetting.

32:1 is less than the minimum recommended mix for a 200cc motor, there is just not enough oil to come out of suspension at higher revs.

For sustained throttle openings a motor of 200cc requires a heavier concentration of oil, and to be jetted on the rich side.

Bean oil, 20 - 25:1 pre mix and the richest jetting possible that it still produces the best power possible, and sustained large throttle openings should be possible.

if its set up and tuned correctly, it can run wide open till the tank runs dry.....

Just check this guys credentials.

200cc Aircooled ATV 24 hour endurance World Record holder. 910 miles 240cc aircooled ATV world endurance record holder. BAJA 1000 winner. Former Team Honda/Dirtwheels mechanic and backup rider. Featured in Dirtwheels, ATV Sports, 3&4 Wheel Action, ESPN and SpeedVision.

That may very well be the reason for the oposing statements, they both knew that I was mixing 32-1 ( at the time ) which is substantially less oil in the mix than 20 or 25-1 ... Being that most of the people on our forum mix at 32-1 and some at 40-1, the suggestion of not running the motor at wot for extended amounts of time would absolutely apply to them. I suspect some people will be changing their jetting and premix ratios after this thread !

1. in a sustained heavy load environment I would not use bean oil, been there done that with 727, the results were a gummy mess.

2. We won the Baja 1000 and set 2 world endurance records with day time temps over 100 and part of the course was a 5 mile hold it pinned in 6th sand wash using yamalube r at 32:1 and 50:50 trick 110 octane and 93 pump.

3. The last 24 record on the same course was set running a USED ebay 240 cylinder piston and rings. I used Amsoil dominator at 40:1 with the same 50:50 fuel mix. At the end of 240 hours of hard wide open running the compression was basically the same as we started with.

Proper setup. proper jetting. good oil and the proper fuel are all key elements.

1. in a sustained heavy load environment I would not use bean oil, been there done that with 727, the results were a gummy mess.

2. We won the Baja 1000 and set 2 world endurance records with day time temps over 100 and part of the course was a 5 mile hold it pinned in 6th sand wash using yamalube r at 32:1 and 50:50 trick 110 octane and 93 pump.

3. The last 24 record on the same course was set running a USED ebay 240 cylinder piston and rings. I used Amsoil dominator at 40:1 with the same 50:50 fuel mix. At the end of 240 hours of hard wide open running the compression was basically the same as we started with.

Proper setup. proper jetting. good oil and the proper fuel are all key elements.

And I am the lucky guy that owns these bad azz bikes now!