6mm stroker???

2-stroke-mingming

Jan 30, 2008
Selma, California
So I start putting my motor together today and after I got the crank in the left case half, I find that the crank won't even rotate because the rod is protruding so far from the crank webs that it rubs against the housing. I bought this crank from a fellow ebay member stating that it is a 3mm vito's crank. I found out the hard way that it was'nt. So I get on the phone with Vito's and explain to them the situation and after a few careful measurements we determined that it is a 6mm stroker!! So now I'm bummed out because me and my son wanted to go riding this weekend and now I have to buy another crank. Never heard of 6mm stroker for the blaster before. If anyone's interested, I listed it on ebay for less than what I payed for it.

yea but im pretty sure theyre unreilaable, theyre are only ususally on drag bikes

becaus u have to machine the case so much for it to fit.... and the porting will be very extreme

I don't see why it would be much more unreliable. Maybe you will go through top ends a little more often, but if your moving along that fast on a blaster its worth it.

Hey guys, sold it! Now I can move along and buy another crank. I think I'm gonna just stay with stock stroke for now. It's my son's bike and he's still not using the full potential of the stock bike anyway. I was kinda just expecting for him to keep up with me on my banshee when he get's better at it.

Foof for thought

Unreliable?

Anyone ever been iside one of these engines?

Cool part in there called a "counter balancer".

It is balanced and made for the stock parts in stock configuration.

A 6mm stroker will have a more eccentric revolution/larger disc more weight and the balance will therefore be off.

Yes this can be offset, but will it be more unreliable? Yup, in as much as without a full blueprinting and re-engineering of the motor to accomodate the new stroke it will have an expected life span of LESS than stock.

AGAIN, it is a system and introducing one part changes it. Most times at the expense of others.

Know your system.

A

Last edited:
PittBoss

I know Pitt Boss does similar stuff, he'd be my first suggestion. Randelator, too. You are also going to have carve the hell outta the head, to clearance the sucker. I would imagine the porting will also have to be addressed as well as carb tuning.

Tell you what, though. Once tweaked in and you get that biotch winding, it should all but fly.

I hope you aren't like 80 pounds or something. Probably not enough ass to keep the front end down unless you
chain some cinder blocks to the front.

A

BTW, the balancing would be adding weight to the balancer-doubt it
or lightning the crank-my choice.

Last edited: