$600 400ex

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
one of my buddies is selling his 400ex the only bad part is it leaks oil really bad and he doesebt know where it is coming from but he is selling it olfor 600 do yall think it is a good deal

BD7 by a hair. :eek:

@OP, what's the rest of the quad like? Could be base gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket, seal leaking oil. Or as stated busted case. Look it over close, might be a deal or a clunker. Lotta work and money if it's a busted case X(

BD7 by a hair. :eek:

@OP, what's the rest of the quad like? Could be base gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket, seal leaking oil. Or as stated busted case. Look it over close, might be a deal or a clunker. Lotta work and money if it's a busted case X(

i went and looked at it and the oil is around the back part of the base gasket on the shifter side

well i think he base gasket is the problem and i know it needs rings because it blue smokes

It may be worn valve guides and not the rings. Getting the head rebuilt may be a little costly. Not sure of the price. I would call Ken O'Conner racing. He could give you an idea on what you may be looking at cost wise to get it right. That will help you reside if its worth the investment to you.