$600 04 blaster

Thanks!.. So I tore into the spare motor the other day at work, got the side of the case i needed. I also looked up all of the bearings, and seals plus some odds and ends (OEM Yamaha) and its just slight north of $500:eek: I guess if you want a reliable motor you have to pay right? both of the clutch baskets from the motors are toast as well as the clutch boss's. Hello Hinson and barnettI:I

bilsteinsmotor001.jpg

bilsteinsmotor002.jpg

progress I:I

Thanks!.. So I tore into the spare motor the other day at work, got the side of the case i needed. I also looked up all of the bearings, and seals plus some odds and ends (OEM Yamaha) and its just slight north of $500:eek: I guess if you want a reliable motor you have to pay right? both of the clutch baskets from the motors are toast as well as the clutch boss's. Hello Hinson and barnettI:I

get the numbers off the bearings and go to your local auto parts store they can look them up and get them for u at a fraction of the cost or if u have a bearing distributor like berry bearing nearby go there it will be even cheaper

why do you have brand new stock UCAs for your frontier? i hope your not putting the stock garbage ones back on

you can get aftermarket UCAs with serviceable BJs for cheaper then stock new ones... and they allow you to lift your truck :)

get the numbers off the bearings and go to your local auto parts store they can look them up and get them for u at a fraction of the cost or if u have a bearing distributor like berry bearing nearby go there it will be even cheaper

I wish I had the time, between a full time job, full time at school and a part time job I just dont have the time or patience to go to a parts store to have them look #'s up. In you thread you said $250 for the cases to be polished? how much for the cases + the metal side cover?

revinit- I get Nissan parts at cost and figured if they lasted 98k with a weekend at the dunes, then they should last that again. I dont think Ill ever wheel my truck besides the beachs in NC and NY so I dont really need to lift my truck. BTW the upper ball joints are servicable you just need to undo the snap ring and press the olds ones out and the new ones in, same goes as the lower ball joints but Nissan wont tell you that. but for $104 for each side you cant beat that. Also the Aftermarket UCA's do not come drilled and tapped for the ABS sensor brackets and I dont want to be zip tieing $180 sensors.

I wish I had the time, between a full time job, full time at school and a part time job I just dont have the time or patience to go to a parts store to have them look #'s up. In you thread you said $250 for the cases to be polished? how much for the cases + the metal side cover?

revinit- I get Nissan parts at cost and figured if they lasted 98k with a weekend at the dunes, then they should last that again. I dont think Ill ever wheel my truck besides the beachs in NC and NY so I dont really need to lift my truck. BTW the upper ball joints are servicable you just need to undo the snap ring and press the olds ones out and the new ones in, same goes as the lower ball joints but Nissan wont tell you that. but for $104 for each side you cant beat that. Also the Aftermarket UCA's do not come drilled and tapped for the ABS sensor brackets and I dont want to be zip tieing $180 sensors.

figure 290 with the clutch cover

i knew about the lowers being serviceable, ive done it twice, reallll biotch.. but the uppers i hear crack when you try to take them out

ohh and my AC UCAs came with ABS brackets... how did you get the at cost? im really really jealous haha i need a few things that are like 900 bucks even through courtesy nissan

btw, you should join clubfrontier.org

i knew about the lowers being serviceable, ive done it twice, reallll biotch.. but the uppers i hear crack when you try to take them out

ohh and my AC UCAs came with ABS brackets... how did you get the at cost? im really really jealous haha i need a few things that are like 900 bucks even through courtesy nissan

btw, you should join clubfrontier.org

Did they really? my friend said his didnt now Im kinda upset cause that was a huge reason why i decided to just go OEM. I work at Audi, but the dealership I work at is part of PAG (Penske Automotive Group) so the Nissan dealership down the street from my work is also part of PAG so I get parts at employee pricing which is a huge plus (almost 20% cheaper than courtsey). Also while dreaming of getting new shocks for the blaster, I found out that Custom Axis is part of Penske. Now I gotta see if I can get my employee pricing on a set of yfz std. travel remote triple rates I:I

1bad442- I'll be pming you probably in a few weeks to do some work if the funds are there.

Did they really? my friend said his didnt now Im kinda upset cause that was a huge reason why i decided to just go OEM. I work at Audi, but the dealership I work at is part of PAG (Penske Automotive Group) so the Nissan dealership down the street from my work is also part of PAG so I get parts at employee pricing which is a huge plus (almost 20% cheaper than courtsey). Also while dreaming of getting new shocks for the blaster, I found out that Custom Axis is part of Penske. Now I gotta see if I can get my employee pricing on a set of yfz std. travel remote triple rates I:I

1bad442- I'll be pming you probably in a few weeks to do some work if the funds are there.

ok 15151515151

Wow, havent been on here in a long time, Got the skids a while ago and finally mounted them up, although like good ole' AC fashion the fitment on their welded parts you have to make work. I have to get more hardware for the swinger skid since it didnt come with any. Hopefully work and school will die down and I can get back to the blaster.

At first I was kinda disapointed how the AC skid plate wasnt made to work with the bumper like shown in the pictures, I think it will slide over rocks better this way now that where the bumper bolts up wont be able to get hung up on edges
blasterskids007.jpg

blasterskids008.jpg

blasterskids005.jpg

blasterskids006.jpg

blasterskids002.jpg

blasterskids001.jpg

Thanks guys, havent really been working at all on the blaster in the last month or so but that will shortly change. Just ordered the Hinson clutch basket today so that is one step closer. With my tax return I plan on buying the couple of other needed parts to finally finish this project. I was going to look at having the cases polished and a few other polished items but now Im just thinking of doing everthing from here on out function over fashion.

Does anyone have any experience with PBI 38t sprockets? If so does the sprocket carrier need to be modified in order for it to work?