60 mph

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
I'm planning a rebuild or at least i'm moding my quad will it do 60+ if i put on a toomey b1 KIT vforce reeds and a racing air box and a 38t sprocket

i dont think high speeds would be stable for our quads. tires arent made for that kind of speed and could blow depending on ur tires. not to mention its gonna be very hard to handle. one time i had it at top speed idk how fast i was going probably mid 50's on a road. I hit a little bump and i MEAN little, started weaving and i almost lost control. that couldve been deadly

i dont think high speeds would be stable for our quads. tires arent made for that kind of speed and could blow depending on ur tires. not to mention its gonna be very hard to handle. one time i had it at top speed idk how fast i was going probably mid 50's on a road. I hit a little bump and i MEAN little, started weaving and i almost lost control. that couldve been deadly

ehh i dunno man mabey something is worn out? i ride mine down the roads and have took it down the asphalt track lots of times and at 70mph its nice and stable. but yeah i mean its definately not a car lol I:I

Last edited:
With 21-22" tires, tall enough gearing and the power to pull that taller gearing yes 60mph is very possible.
Most atv tires are designed to withstand 80mph speeds.

ehh i dunno man mabey something is worn out? i ride mine down the roads and have took it down the asphalt track lots of times and at 70mph its nice and stable. but yeah i mean its definately not a car lol I:I

slow. get up to 85 on a quad. with a blown shock. the wheel starts to bounce up and down lol.

but 60mph isn't bad. the fenders actually make it worse at speeds sense they like to flap around causing the areo of the quad to constantly be changing. if you cut them or remove them you should a little more stability at higher speeds.

yea i LOVE speed i just had a ALMOST bad experience.. would be nice to have a steering damper/stabilizer

ya those are called your arms. build them up.

also make sure your bearings and everything are not worn out and tight.
and make sure your alignment is good too.

dude my blaster with 22 in tires and 14 tooth sprokey it iwll do 60 65 and it is pretty damn stable it is enough not to scare me at all i trust it and u gotta know what the f your doing dont be a dumb ass

slow. get up to 85 on a quad. with a blown shock. the wheel starts to bounce up and down lol.

but 60mph isn't bad. the fenders actually make it worse at speeds sense they like to flap around causing the areo of the quad to constantly be changing. if you cut them or remove them you should a little more stability at higher speeds.

Yea, shaving the fenders helps a boatload in stability. They are the big aerodynamic pitfall of ATVs. I didn't like the stability of the stock blaster at speed though. It's light so it can get blown around easily and always feels like it's going to tip over. Since mine is a little wider and longer, I don't have that issue much anymore other than the bump steer from the flipped front rims. Make sure all the tire pressures are uniform around the quad as well.

Yea, shaving the fenders helps a boatload in stability. They are the big aerodynamic pitfall of ATVs. I didn't like the stability of the stock blaster at speed though. It's light so it can get blown around easily and always feels like it's going to tip over. Since mine is a little wider and longer, I don't have that issue much anymore other than the bump steer from the flipped front rims. Make sure all the tire pressures are uniform around the quad as well.

i am going to cut them fenders they flap round lyk mad but. I dont think its that bad at speed mine has 2inch+ spacers at the back but it feels kind of light at the front

hmmm my blaster is already build to drive at high speeds no problems at all with handling about the front fenders at realy high speeds they go up !!!
sometimes i think they will break but they won't i keep them on becouse i like the looks of it taking them off will increase acceleration and top speed;)

no offence but i disagree with everything you just said there!