+6" Wideneing Kit

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Any opinions on the Diamond J +6" widening kit , I pretty much ride dunes , some trails . I heard some say the bump steer is affected , but on the sand its not that big of a deal ......

yea this is a touchy topic here lol which will prolly end in a war but......imo...if ur not racing GNCC or MX then the kit will work fine i used it for about a yr and it held up great..even jumping with it........but watch the tie rod extensions they are defently shoddy and break easy

yeah the wording could go either way , like the 4" rear wheel spacers I ordered , they are 2" long , so with each side they are a total of 4" , anyone got a extra shee rear axle? how much wider is it? I heard it swaps over fine

shee rear axles are about 3 and 3/4 inches longer or something along those lines. and they are a direct swap

yeah the wording could go either way , like the 4" rear wheel spacers I ordered , they are 2" long , so with each side they are a total of 4" , anyone got a extra shee rear axle? how much wider is it? I heard it swaps over fine

what year is your blaster? it depends if it is an 03 and up its fine just slip it on and go...if its an 02 and down u need like new hubs and all that crap which would make a 5 minute job 2 days...... you would be better off gettin a G-force rear axle....AKA the one on my X-mas list,that or a banshee axle...i decided i want a g-force cause it'll make me sound richer...lol jk because i wanna start racin

what year is your blaster? it depends if it is an 03 and up its fine just slip it on and go...if its an 02 and down u need like new hubs and all that crap which would make a 5 minute job 2 days...... you would be better off gettin a G-force rear axle....AKA the one on my X-mas list,that or a banshee axle...i decided i want a g-force cause it'll make me sound richer...lol jk because i wanna start racin

02 and old all you need a a shee brake hub.....i have the banshee axle on a 02 with a shee brake hub and it work wonderful

you opened a can of worms here buddy....theres already been 2 threads on this same subject. only benefit you get is a wider quad. it changes the geometry of the suspension, maing the quad handle worse....which is why all the good handling quads are skinny in the front......better to have skinny frame, long arms.

also those plates are weak and bend. a psj member had them on a 250ex and had to straighten them a few times. and its his wifes quad......if that tells you anything.....

this may start another big issue.....search before you ask.....

My Blaster is a 2000 , I did check out that G force axle as well , found a couple on ebay , so maybe I'll go that route