50mm axlenut crowfoot tool

boomadge

Dec 21, 2011
New York
I posted this over on e2s but figured someone might want the info on how I made the tool. Its a 50mm 1/2 drive crowfoot tool to remove axlenuts. I was at work today thinking how to make removing the nuts easier. So I drew up
a drawing, had our torrent punch press operator through the dimmensions in and puch me out 4 of them from .250 6061 T6 aluminum. Then I had 2 sets welded together, steel stamp the size on them,had them cleaned and chromocoated. When I got home I tried them out.. Fit like a glove and worked
like a charm. Here is what they look like and the dimmensions.

50mmcrowfootimg.jpg

50mmcrowfoot.jpg

Good idea and nice work but i know for a fact i have had stubborn axle nuts that would make shreds of an alluminum wrench.

Yup I hear you there,
I couldnt get mine to budge with a 24" pipe wrench, got home tonight with these through a 3 ft breaker bar on it and withen 30 seconds had both nuts off..

Reactions: bummer981
I posted this over on e2s but figured someone might want the info on how I made the tool. Its a 50mm 1/2 drive crowfoot tool to remove axlenuts. I was at work today thinking how to make removing the nuts easier. So I drew up
a drawing, had our torrent punch press operator through the dimmensions in and puch me out 4 of them from .250 6061 T6 aluminum. Then I had 2 sets welded together, steel stamp the size on them,had them cleaned and chromocoated. When I got home I tried them out.. Fit like a glove and worked
like a charm. Here is what they look like and the dimmensions.

50mmcrowfootimg.jpg

50mmcrowfoot.jpg

Nice! so these are for the stock axle right?

Yes stock 50mm nuts, blaster,banshee,warrior ect.

My neighbor just used them tonight to change his warriors bearings,. I:I