4 strokes?

WOW!! I just read this whole thread. Had me laughing a few times. Completely stupid.

I do like riding both tho.

also,its not all bout power, its bout reliability,comfort and how user-friendly something is and we all know a Raptor 700r is the most comfortable you can get in the sport class for trail riding.

I respectfully disagree, id like to see a 250r go up agaisnt Dustin Wimmers suzuki, umm maybe in a drag race?? but lets go to the track....IMO There's a reason 4 stroke have been accepted more and more over the years. Oh also depends on rider.

I don't know who dustin wimmer is, but I'm guessing he's a pro rider with factory help. When I talked about a 250r or banshee beating up on the 4 strokes, I'm talking about 4 strokes that are built with parts that are available to the public. Even on a track a 450 isn't going to beat a 250r with a couple grand in it. Theres a reason that all the quads made today are judged against an r.
The reason that 4 strokes have been accepted more is because thats all the manufacturers are offering for new quads. They've spent millions and millions of dollars on research and development.
Don't worry, the 2 stroke will return. Theres alot of r&d work going on and it'll be back.

Don't worry, the 2 stroke will return. Theres alot of r&d work going on and it'll be back.

yamaha still sells the yz250

oh yeah and darealblaster i love the warrior compared to the blaster tons of torque when i need it, but i need to replace the stator but im not mad considering that its a 87 haha.

they told me its too expensive....lolz i wonder if the technology in 4stroke will get far enough to beat a 2stroke at same displacement.....its very hard task but would be sweet

What'd I'd like to see is two pro riders, one on a completely pimped out 250r with a 330 cylinder, lonestar frame vs a pro rider on a factory built 450. I'd like to see how they actually compare on a track against each other.

they told me its too expensive....lolz i wonder if the technology in 4stroke will get far enough to beat a 2stroke at same displacement.....its very hard task but would be sweet

4stroke tech is finally getting better...i just wish that yamaha would come out with a 400 to meet the 400ex and z400

What'd I'd like to see is two pro riders, one on a completely pimped out 250r with a 330 cylinder, lonestar frame vs a pro rider on a factory built 450. I'd like to see how they actually compare on a track against each other.

why cant the 450 be "completely pimped out" big bore the works etc etc..

great idea,Dustin vs Doug.....it would be a nice race id say close, 1 mistake and the other will win.