250r rear shock

what rear shock

• trx250r

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • atc250r

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trx. Don't get the atc its rezzy line is waay long and you'll never find a place to put it all. I also think it may be too long. Get an 86 or newer trx shock

86 or newer trx 87 or newer atc.... they are both great but like said the line on the atc is long enough to hang ourself while landing that 60ft double

there is only a slight difference between the atc and trx shock, from what i hear, the trx shock requires a little more modding to fit the top bushing, that it requires Ken's bushings? i have an atc shock and it was no problem with the top mount. the line for my rezzi isnt overly long either?? be sure to get years '86-'87 only though, trx or atc. the other years are different lengths

i used kens bushings on the outside of the frame mounts, to reduce the bolt size for my sons 87trx 250 shock, some guys report removing some internal bushing from the shock pivot, for it to fit between the mounts, i say it's there for a reason....the bearing/bushing rides on it, if removed the bearing rides on your bolt ?????
i ground the shock bushings a bit
but is nice and plush with way longer travel than stock or 400ex, but did require a new mount on my sons +4 swinger

i used kens bushings on the outside of the frame mounts, to reduce the bolt size for my sons 87trx 250 shock, some guys report removing some internal bushing from the shock pivot, for it to fit between the mounts, i say it's there for a reason....the bearing/bushing rides on it, if removed the bearing rides on your bolt ?????
i ground the shock bushings a bit
but is nice and plush with way longer travel than stock or 400ex, but did require a new mount on my sons +4 swinger

ohhhh i just understood this, your using the 250r top bolt? either way it works just as well and is a helluva good upgrade versus stock

dont use any of those ancient shocks.. try the 04-05 trx 450r shocks they are the same length as the stock blaster those years...plus or minus .25in...dont use 2006 and newer since they are longer..i had great results witha 450r shock and i rode aggressive mx and dunes and never ever once came close to bottoming out

imo i would go with the trx because its closer in weight. y would anyone use a threewheeler shock? its not too diff i know but its not the same type of machine.

awk uses the 450r shock as well and loves it too..those old shock have ancient valving .. modern shocks have progressive valving making them more responsive and such

I agree with alex...if ur using a stock shock get the honda...but I found a pep off a 250r and had it revalved for $100 and it's perfect. Since your doing alot of track riding proper setup shocks will make u alot faster and safer!