250R REAR set up?

TRblaster

Aug 6, 2009
would the prosses that ken explans in the video for the 400ex shock apply to a 250R shock? just wondering cuz im looking to get one or the other in like a week or two.. oohh and would the bushings that he made fit too?

no need for them! it almost slips right in, you'll have to grind the top of the shock just a little to get it to fit into the mount. but the hole size is correct already. the bottom should work fine as is.

no need for them! it almost slips right in, you'll have to grind the top of the shock just a little to get it to fit into the mount. but the hole size is correct already. the bottom should work fine as is.

thanx dude! .

its ok. just hit me up when you get a chance I:I

the only thing to look out for is the bottom holes MIGHT be a little banged up, mine were but i made some spacers to take up the slack

its ok. just hit me up when you get a chance I:I

the only thing to look out for is the bottom holes MIGHT be a little banged up, mine were but i made some spacers to take up the slack

do u think you could send me a pic of it?

of how the holes are banged up or the spacers? i just went to lowes and got some acrylic spacers and drilled out the inside to the right size

all i did was just put it down there and slide the stock pin through it. easy cheesy. mine just had a little too much play for my liking

ohh ok i didnt understand but i got ya.. isnt it supposed to have a little play or is that just the 400ex one?

i just mocked a 250r up to my sons build, and had to use my homemade bushings and a smaller bolt, very similar to the 450r i'm running, but then i got the oconnor bushings, and they should work if put on the outside of the mounts, and then trim the shock to fit inside, gonna get anopther set of ken's when he sends my other cylinder back next week, then i'll know for sure

cool. i got my eyes on a 400ex shock right now hopefuly i get it but if not any of the 2 will do..