2002 blaster upgrade help

have you seen the +6 front end extension brackets in lieu of replacing the a arms and everything else?
I have seen them. Diamond J widening kit or something? If funds allow extended a arms are the way to go. I know many on here have used stud spacers/wheel spacers with luck. If you go the extended a arm route you have other options for spindles.

ya thats the kit. i like how i can use all oem parts with it. funds not all that of an issue just think it may be easier?

ya thats the kit. i like how i can use all oem parts with it. funds not all that of an issue just think it may be easier?

If I was you and funds not being a issue go with the extended a arms. I've never ran that kit but the arms would be a lot stronger. I run the ASR (American star racing) +3+1 arms with satisfaction. With that being said you could run banshee spindles which are super cheap on eBay. Cheaper than the Norman spindles. With the banshee spindles you could run upper and lower ball joints. All the parts I have would bolt right up to the spindles. That's the setup I run with no complaints.

If I was you and funds not being a issue go with the extended a arms. I've never ran that kit but the arms would be a lot stronger. I run the ASR (American star racing) +3+1 arms with satisfaction. With that being said you could run banshee spindles which are super cheap on eBay. Cheaper than the Norman spindles. With the banshee spindles you could run upper and lower ball joints. All the parts I have would bolt right up to the spindles. That's the setup I run with no complaints.
ya those a arms are 500$ wow those are expensive lol

the 2 line braided cables for front brakes do those bolt up to your setup?
They sure do. I went with the 1 into 2, but wish I did the dual brake line. Yea those arms are pricey. Took me awhile to muster up the funds but totally worth it. Just let me know the route you go. I'm more than happy to help. And the those parts aren't flying off the shelf. I would be more than happy to install the bearings in the hubs for you.

The asr arms are a bit pricy, but we'll worth it if you plan on keeping g your blaster awhile. Team alba sells +2 arms for alot less. That's just another option.

Welcome to the site as well!

I'm going to go with the the asr arms. I only want to do this once. I hate having to go back into things. I'm going to do the entire front end first and work my way to the back. This is my first build so bare with me lol. Installing those bearings would be great fast. I'm ordering the a arms this week. Is there anything I need to order with them that I'm not aware of?

I'm going to replace the rims and tires as well. I was looking at the maxxis xm motocross for the front and rear. Just not sure what size tires for the front or the rear for optimal proformance. Any suggestions?

I would run 20" tires in the rear, and 21" up front.

As far as the a arms. I would run them with banshee spindles so you can run upper/lower sealed ball joints. They have been having issues with their heim joints getting stiff. And banshee spindles can be had for super cheap on eBay. I think you can even run raptor 350 spindles. All the parts I have will bolt directly up. If you run the +3+1 arms you need extended brake lines. They also sell them as well. You won't be disappointed with them.

I can even help you with measurements for setup. It can be a pain to adjust the caster.

Although mine will vary. I have a aftermarket stem, and where the tie rods bolt on is wider. So I had to bring my spindles out a bit more to compensate for adjustment.

Oh you may want to get some brake line holders as well. I'm not sure of direct terminology. But they clamp on your a arms and hold the brake lines in place.can be had for cheap on eBay as well.

And when you order from ASR, make sure you call them. If you go the banshee spindle route you need to make sure you tell them your running them, so they call get you the right ball joints.

One more thing to think about.

Running a 20" tire in rear will give you ground clearance. Also, if you switch to a banshee rear hub you can run a 9" rim. That will give you a ton of more choices when it comes to tires.
Factory Yamaha aluminum rolled lip rims are awesome and super strong. May want to try and find used set. I know it's a lot but want you to know what's out there.

if im going to replace the front a arms with a +6 then wouldnt i need to extend the rear axle as well?

Its not a requirement but it helps keeps things a little more uniform! There is also the option of swapping out for a banshee axle which is 3 3/4'' longer then stock blaster axle. I personally haven't done it yet but there are several on here who have that can tell you whats all involved. Just a little cheaper option

fast, when can we make a deal? i would like to get the parts from you so i can get it all put on and know what other parts i need that bolt up to it. like rims and what not.

if i get the asr a arms and new brake lines, use your banshee brake parts can i use my blaster oem parts like the spindle and the other parts to have a completed front end?

I can make a deal anytime. Just would have to give me some time on replacing the bearings. I'll pm you tomorrow with details and such. Is that cool? Or shoot me a pm with your number and I'll give you a call tomorrow.