2002 blaster upgrade help

swishcooter

Aug 30, 2015
ok im new to this and need some advise. i just bought a 2002 blaster with a rebuilt motor with wiseco aluminum piston. top and bottom rebuild. the front brakes work but need some love. the bike is in over ok shape. i am a experienced rider but by no means a pro. im looking to rebuild this bike and want to start on the front end and move towards the rear. why do people add extended a arms? what all does this include as a project? brake lines, shocks, ball joints, tie-rods? if so does someone sell a kit? next my rear brakes are locked up and i need a WHOLE new assembly from the lever to the rear caliper. i cant find one online. any places to look? rear extended swing arm? why? i want to replace all the plastics as well but im worried about getting some not so well made ones and them braking. any and all your guys help is greatly appreciated. i live in the country with alot of dirt roads and trails. that would be my primary ride type.

thanks again for your help!

Sounds like we've got a sweet build coming up!!
So when it comes to widening the front, the greatest benefits are stability (if you're wider its harder to roll) and with depending on the set up you can have more suspension travel and with the right shocks they can handle various terrains better as well as make it a better ride for you! If you're going to be redoing the front suspension you might want to look into converting to hydraulic brakes and ditch the drums. That way you can stop too:). The only extra things that would be needed are spindle's, calipers, master cylinder, hubs/rottrailAnd if you get extended a arms some are made to use stock shocks (or at least the same length) or longer shocked. And another completely different and cheeper option would be to get wheel or stud spacers.
Aftermarket a arms come with the ball joints and tie rods you need but everything else will need to be bought sepetly. (Unless you find a complete set of everything on ebaybor something)

For the rear caliper you might want to post in the WANTED section of the forum. I think someone might make rebuild kits. A member, Awk08, makes aftermarket rear brakes from a GSXR that are amazing but he isn't making anybat the moment but you might find one for sale or it might be worth waiting until he makes more.

Extended swing arms help keep power to the ground. The quad won't want to pick the front upbas much. 2-3" extension would be nice for the riding your doing.

And Maier makes good plasrltics that hold up really well!!

i looked up norman420 spindles and found them. so i can use the banshee 2003 calipers, master cylinder and hub? what about rotor? and with this effect the dual braking lever that the blaster has?

If your interested, I have hubs w/rotors, calipers, and a master cylinder. All will need a cleaning. Hubs need new bearings and calipers need rebuilt. Just throwing it out there.

If your interested, I have hubs w/rotors, calipers, and a master cylinder. All will need a cleaning. Hubs need new bearings and calipers need rebuilt. Just throwing it out there.
i would prefer to buy something in working condition as i dont know anyone here that works on them. none the less what would you want for them?

Norman no longer makes them but Ken O'Connor Racing makes them no and there really nice. You can use the calipers off of most Yamaha's. It might be easier to get the hubs and rotors as a set. And you can use ones from banshee warrior and yfz for sure and maybe raptor.

Duel brake lines are way easier to pull. And then they are usually braded lines which are more durable too.

All can be done by you. Kits can be found on eBay for cheap, and is very simple. I was thinking like 75 for everything, which is a great deal.

I actually have a pivots work bearing kit (brand new) I can throw in for an extra 15 if your interested. Besides, by used parts off eBay doesn't guarantee they are in working order. Just what I've learned over the years.

i work the entire state of florida i just built the outlet mall there in west palm.

i am interested in the front brake set that you have. what are they off of so i can look for the rebuild set.

oh ok. well i found the parts for the rebuild. cheap. are you sure the oconnor spindle bolts to the 03 blaster setup?

have you seen the +6 front end extension brackets in lieu of replacing the a arms and everything else?