2001 yamaha blaster throttle problem

chrisrules95

May 5, 2013
hello everyone, my first post here. i bought an 01 blaster off craigslist about a month ago. and i took the carb off today to clean it. i put the throttle slide back in and tightened it. i realized the throttle was stuck wide open when i looked in the carb. so i unscrew it and take the throttle slide out. i put it back in the right way. lined up up right this time. i tightened it and pushed the throttle, the lever pushed in and then after that i could feel that it wasnt returning the cable , so i looked inside the throttle box, the thing was stuck open and would only return if i push it back. i took apart the carb again from the throttle body thats ontop, and when i pushed the throttle after returning it to the closed position, the throttle slide would not move at all and i tried pulling the throttle cable with my handand it wouldnt budge. i have no clue what to do.does any body have a reason why the throttle cable would just do this? could it have broke? thanks. if anybody wants i could post pics

Sounds like you have something stuck in the carb... Something as small as a grain of sand ca hold the slide from going down...

I’m having an issue where my idle is all over the place sometimes it’ll be very high then after riding a little it’ll go back down but it’s constantly changing. Is this because of the box on top of my carb?