2000 Yamaha Banshee Tear Down and Rebuild

Ok Got some Parts in !!!! Here is my new headpipe , I think its a Motofast pipe , doesn't match any of the dynoport pipes . I'll get some pics of the silencer in a bit , The silencer has a fmf usfs stamp on it , and has a spark arrestor . Check it out!!!
300a0be6.jpg

af078f65.jpg

5ce995f2.jpg

I think I'm gonna strip off the high temp paint and polish this bad boy up , silencer pics coming , It came a day later than the headpipe .

Parts for Thanksgiving, gotta love that!
Can't wait to see what Santa brings ya... :D
Hope that pipe polishes up for ya, gonna look sick! I:I

looks sweet man. did u think u were getting a dynoport?

No , when I saw this one on ebay The lister had very little information on it , and it doesn't look like a dynoport pipe , I was on a mission to find the Motofast pipe , but I see no stampings or markings . Once I get all the paint stripped off I may be able to find something on it .

So with this in hand I can scratch the exhaust off my list :
2-1 Exhaust
2-1 Intake ( deal pending )
38mm Keihin PJ

Still Needed:
+6 Swingarm
450R Front Shocks
Uni Dual Stage Foam Filter
Outerwears Filter
Throttle Cable
660 Plastics
Front Bumper
Rear Grab Bar/6 pack rack
Lights
parking brake block off
Clutch Lever
a bunch of minor stuff

Full frame restoration and painting .

Updates as they Happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I traded the works for a 38mm Keihin PJ , I like the 450R shocks Better , I have them on my blaster and really like them , The shee is a bit heavier so that should work out great .

umm that isn't a fmf silencer. looks like some homemade job.
so be careful with the s/a stamp on it. lots of dnr know what fmf looks like.

Its very similar to a FMF , the stamp on it looks sketchy , but the welds are nice so it was at least done well . I was bidding entirely for the Motofast 2-1 pipe , getting a silencer with it for under 100 shipped was a plus .
I caused a real stir over at PSJ regarding the whole intake thing . I guess someone there wanted to keep that $ecret to themselves . Turned into daytime television , all kinds of drama ......

Xmas is early again !!!! got in some parts for the shee ..... Nice Billet Bar Clamp , and thanks to greasemonkey85 for the Trade , I got the 38mm PJ today , I hope the shocks are workin out for you ....
e93db70f.jpg

4972c8ba.jpg

0991f1d5.jpg

0ce73cb1.jpg

a756bf40.jpg

e65e60e0.jpg

ce4b8927.jpg

Thanks to Sandking I'll have the 2-1 intake here after xmas , and Then I need some 450r shocks and a +4 swingarm . More to come !!!

Well it's been awhile and progress is being made , started modding the 2-1 intake today , almost have it finished , but I pulled the left side reed cage and dammit cracked piston skirt !!!!!!! It sucks but I'm glad I found it now before it came apart and took out my new crank . Pics up in a bit . Thanks for tuning in !!!!

Well it's been awhile and progress is being made , started modding the 2-1 intake today , almost have it finished , but I pulled the left side reed cage and dammit cracked piston skirt !!!!!!! It sucks but I'm glad I found it now before it came apart and took out my new crank . Pics up in a bit . Thanks for tuning in !!!!

yikes!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:. sometimes its better to be lucky lol I:I