2 stroke oil ?

bimmer325es

Aug 21, 2012
So the blaster i got since the rebuild friend has put 5 tanks through it, he is using crappy oil in my book, pennzoil 2-cycle marine mixing it 32:1 and told me whatever i do do not change the brand of oil i used its not good for it at all, well to me this oil isn't good for it at all, its waxed based for 1 and i hate quaker state, and pennzoil products. Anyone with some info on this matter let me know please....

Maxima, Redline, Bel-Ray, Klotz, Yamalube, Amsoil, and others all make good pre-mix oil for the Blaster. You are right about Pennzoil; I'd stay FAR away from any "marine" grade 2-stroke oil. It tends to break down under the extreme conditions inside a high-RPM, air-cooled 2-stroke engine. Be sure whatever brand of oil you get is rated for pre-mix use in ATV/Motocross engines.

I personally run Amsoil in my Blaster. Best oil on the market IMO, as it is fully-synthetic and JASO FC/ISO L-EGD tested and certified. I'm not going to get into premix ratios and what works best for whom. Just mix 32:1 and you'll be fine.

so there is no issue with me changing from the marine oil to a better grade, it isn't gonna hurt the top end right? i dind't think it would but the friend i got it from just kept saying it over and over and over again.... that i cannot change it cause its bad for the motor to change oils and i have to premix cause the injection system is removed...

Changing from Marine muck to an oil desinged for air cooled motorcyles will not damage anything.

It would be a good idea to dump all the gas in the tank and start afresh.

If you friend knows so little about oil and you got it from him, I would be immediatly be doing a leak down test and checking that the jetting is correct.

A plug chop will confirm the jetting suits the premix and any other mods.

thats the thing he explained all that plug chopping stuff to me said he had done it, referred me here, i just didn't like that brand of oil, leakdown test u mean compression test what should i be running ? fresh rebuild has 5 tanks through it of this marine oil.

Leak down test must be done directly after rebuild, and at least twice a season.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: