1988 - 2002 Parking Brake Sensor

diesel

Jun 10, 2009
Jacksonville, Illinois
I need help with the parking brake sensor...how do you remove this without causing the rev limiter to kick in? The sensor is physically gone from the Blaster I'm working on, so I need to find the wires that went to it and jumper them together. Problem is I can't find the wires. I know there is a sensor on these year Blasters because I've seen them, I've just never had to troubleshoot one that's already missing. I'm looking for location where the sensor tied-in to the wiring harness, wire colors, pics, whatever you can supply. The service manual doesn't appear to be much help.

People don't seem to believe me that the 1988 - 2002 models had this switch, but here's an '02 Blaster with cable brakes
DSCF0267.jpg

and here's the pic showing the parking brake sensor
DSCF0270.jpg

Thanks JLSparky7, I hijacked your pics from the TORS Removal thread.

Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it, but it looks just like the service manual pages I have and I don't see where the parking brake switch or wiring ties into anything. Maybe some pics from an actual Blaster???

Update - my entire bogging problem was the result of a 250 main jet. Yup, all the members on here were right. No issue with the parking brake sensor at all. I still think the sensor is missing, but it obviously wasn't the problem.

I installed a 230 main (same as stock) and the quad runs great. It makes me nervous that it runs a K&N filter, airbox lid removed, and belongs to a kid that probably won't do the plug chops necessary to monitor jetting. But the local shop didn't have a 240 main...so 230 it is.