1000 CC Blaster?

Well sorry guys but the project is on hold until the winter due to some financial issues. I drained my bank account building a street/strip car (blew the rear friday night at the track), bought a GSXR motor, and then I totaled my truck. I had myself convinced I could swing the budget for this project but I am draining my bank account on my new truck this weekend, I have to fix my Trans Am, and I have to stockpile money for the winter when I'm laid off... talk about a series of bad events. Good news is by the time the ground freezes my bank account should be back up at close to five grand again.

Over the winter I will be buying a banshee chassis instead, chopping the frame apart, mounting the motor in place, and then the chassis and motor will be given to a friend of mine for her to weld it all back together at school. Like I said I only have a mig welder and I don't trust myself welding anyway.

The only progress I'll have until like October or November will be re-assembling the gixxer motor and get it running on a stand. I promise by the new year the quad will be finished.

yea hot rads are expensive i bulit an v8 s10 with my dad we are probaly gonna take it to the races next month and im 13 and paid for the truck then i paid half of a blaster and stopped working on it about 3 weeks ago

yeah way too much money spread out right now... V8 s10 is badass though!
Trans Am should be a high 12 low 13 second car off the bottle and on pump fuel, still don't know for sure though cause my first run down the track grenaded the rear.
Was shooting for low 12's-high 11's on MT drag radials, 108 race fuel, and 100 shot. I have a new rear but I don't have it in me to fix it right now. I spent a long time building that thing and it's so depressing breaking it before I even got to run it.
After the truck is paid off I'll swap rears and then I'll start rebuilding the GSXR motor.

yeah way too much money spread out right now... V8 s10 is badass though!
Trans Am should be a high 12 low 13 second car off the bottle and on pump fuel, still don't know for sure though cause my first run down the track grenaded the rear.
Was shooting for low 12's-high 11's on MT drag radials, 108 race fuel, and 100 shot. I have a new rear but I don't have it in me to fix it right now. I spent a long time building that thing and it's so depressing breaking it before I even got to run it.
After the truck is paid off I'll swap rears and then I'll start rebuilding the GSXR motor.

from the looks of your mods you dont need race fuel "unless you left some details out haha"

yea mine is a 355 .30 over 480 cam balenced polished weiand <spell> intake flat tops open headers its a good start for a 13 year old!!

yea mine is a 355 .30 over 480 cam balenced polished weiand <spell> intake flat tops open headers its a good start for a 13 year old!!
Any head work? Best bet for a budget build 350 is 305 or 327 heads and revalve the intake and exhaust and then port the heads. You can build your own heads for almost half of what you can buy the same heads for.
and dear god why are you running open headers? atleast strait pipe the thing you're... going to have no low end.

But yes, still a very good start for a 13 year old.

I am about to attempt to put a 2007 GSXR-1000 bike motor (out of a recently totaled bike) rated at 185 HP into a Blaster. I plan on cutting the top half of the frame apart and then stretching the bottom half just enough for the motor to fit; probably by grinding it apart and sleeving it. After that I will design motor mounts and drop the motor in. Then I'll reweld the top of the frame (and stretch it) back around the motor.
I know I'd have to extend the swing arm like 8 inches, I'm thinking about just designing my own swing arm. How is a swing arm usually extended? Can I just make brackets to offset the swing arm or does the swing arm have to be lengthened? I don't think anybody has ever done this, but anybody have tips on what areas I should really gusset?
Any suggestions on this idea? Should I just go with a bigger quad to use?

if your gonna atempt to do that you should find a bigger quad

X-2 on bigger quad. Even a 'Shee frame is to short height wise, cuz it aint got no stinking valves. Go with a 400-450 or raptor (660-700). Just my .02. I built a drag bike with sled motor (PIA) so any thing is possible, just start with something that is the closest fit.