03+ TORS Removal Parts

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
I'm wanting to order all the parts to remove the TORS but I'm not finding a complete parts set. This is what I think I'll need:
1-Throttle Cable
2-Carb Cap
3-Idle Screw
4-Pump Block Off Plate
5-Side Cover Gasket
I've read that there are some problems with the Vito's type idle screw with the lock-nut. Is there an OEM or Mikuni idle screw and spring I can order? I've read the how to's here and some other sites, I think I'm good with the process, just wanting to make sure I don't get into it and not have everything I need to do all of it. I left the drill, tap and caps off the list because I should have all that stuff already.

You don't need to remove the oil injection to remove your TORS. For my 03, since I upgraded the carburetor on my blaster, the TORS system was gone. But thats not all I had to do. I had to remove the little electrical button inside of the throttle "box", and connect the wires together that connected to the electrical button at the front of the wiring harness. I had to also connect both TORS wires that connected to the actual TORS unit on the carburetor. This tricks the system into thinking that the TORS is still connected. If you don't connect the wires, the blaster won't start