ZERO spark! Help please

Chuckie25

Jul 25, 2012
Louisiana
So like the title says I have literally ZERO fire. I've unplugged and replugged all the electrical connections. It acts like the flywheel isnt even spinning but I've checked and yea, it is. I'd like to cut all the tors and other crap out of it but idk what I can cut. It's got the carb off an 85 ATC250R and it's stuck WAO and still ran so I'm assuming the tors is eliminated but there's crap in that wiring harness that I'm dead stumped by and this is coming from soemone who had to completely rewire a 250 Big Red, 73 ST90 into a custom frame, AND his Quadzilla. Does anyone know the (ohms?) for the stator/cdi so I can check them? Or tell me something to check that I may have looked over? Like I said, I checked every wire and connection and nothing.

If it helps, I took it out, ripped around my yard to run the rest of the old gas out, then pulled back into my back yard and it ran out of gas/clutch stalled. Then not 5 minutes later after I dumped fresh gas in it it has no spark.

If something is gone out in gunna be bummed and a half cause Im trying to save my money to put into other bikes. But I want SOMETHING to ride right now ya know..

Last edited:
Check the wires that run from/to your stator ( behind the flywheel ) as this is a common place for the wiring to come loose. I've also heard of the whole stator having to be replaced or needing new wiring.

How do I get the flywheel off? I can't get the nut to break lose. I tried doing the 'rope down the plug hole' trick but uh, didn't work lol

Lol, Arite thanks. I need to find my impact. It's just strange that it just all of a sudden happened ya know? One minute it was running fine. Then 5 minutes later it won't do anything.

How common is it for flywheels to lose their magnatisim? I held my wrench in the open spot on turned the flywheel by hand and there wasn't a spot where it stuck to the flywheel. Gunna do a compression test while I'm out here and see what it's at after 3 years of HARD riding/racing
I litly tugged on the wires and none of them wanted to move/pull out. What else can I check? What do I need to put a voltmeter to?

Ok! Just unplugged the red connector under the hood that comes from the blob (light switch/kill switch) and got a little zap to the finger with the plug cap off and holding the wire. But it was a very faint hit and only lasted two kicks. Any ideas???

Pulled the plug. If I kick the ever living PISS out of it with the throttle help WAO it'll shock me a little. But not like something should that has no plug and is being kicked that fugging hard.

Last edited:
Blasters are notorious for earth problems, remove the earths to the frame, clean then re attach.

I have never yet known a flywheel to just loose magnatisium.

Your talking about the grounds?

Id still like to know the electrical specs for the stator, cdi, etc and how to check them

Last edited:
After talking with my uncle he said that it's been about 8-9 years since he built it. Which makes sense because I remember it running back when my 250 was and I know for a 100% fact that the 250 sat in the woods for at least 8 years. Also he said it sounds like the primary coil is gone out. With it getting fire every once in a blue moon it means the CDI is still good. So I'm picking up that and a flywheel puller tomorrow at Winner's (we have flywheel pullers but none around my house) and he's dropping me the 250 off when he comes by to pick up the air filter for a customers recon from me.

Have the charge cool ordered. Gunna be a couple weeks though. Anyone know anything that will cross over where I can ride while waiting?