z400 shocks on a blaster ?

vinnytobasco

Sep 23, 2010
pittsburgh
Hey guys, i am almost positive i'v seen someone on here has suzuki ltz400 shocks up front on their blaster.Do you think it will work, if not can i make it work... safely.I was noticeing they are selling way cheaper than the banshee shocks, and my dad has a ltz400, and i love the suspension for being stock.Thanks guys,any help would be appreciated.

if your dad has a z400, one afternoon or weekend, why dont you just take the shocks of yours dads and see if they will bolt up.
if they dont, all you lost is some time.
if they do work, you gain some knowledge for the rest of the site.

theyll work on +3 long travels cuz i had 400ex on my reg +3s and it raised the front quite a bit but messed my balljoints up a bit cuz there lIke 1-2 in longer than our stock shocks

Alrite sheeblast, i never really thought of that thats a great idea lol.But everyone saying they wont work with stock blaster a arms, soo what about if i used my buddys set of ltz400 a arms could we make them work?I can probally get them for free ,and it might make the blasty more stable, he also has aftermarket tie rods and stuff i could use. Or is that a dumb idea and completly diffrent set up?

Also, I wanted to ask, if you were to swap the suspension out what ones would you change first rear or fronts?And I'm going with a +2 swinger, soo would a z400 or 400ex shock work good soo my blasty dosen't sit too low, because I like to slide (drift?) and jump my bikes and i hear with a lengthened swinger you cannot jump well.If this helps , I Don't ride motocross, just recrational rideing at slate dumps and woods and stuff like that.

Ok good to know sheeblast thanks.Dose anyone have the banshee shocks up front? I want to know how they are over stock, or if there are any links to reviews on the site.

as for the extended swinger it makes it more stable and better for jumping if it is strong enough (aka not the cheapest out there), but they will all keep the stock suspension geeometry, unless u get into the expensive ones with the options. and as for the a-arms, if they would work it would likely require a LOT of modding. and from what i have heard the banshee shocks are better, but not amazing, hope this helps

Thanks for the help you guys are awsome!And i actually have a spare swinger and a welder and plan on haveing my dad weld up a +2 swinger, and reinforcing it soo it dosen't crack.And cool, i was under the impression that z400 shocks are superior to banshee shocks, and the fact that they will bolt on is good too.

z400 front shocks fit perfect with the diamond j coversion which can be had for cheap on ebay straight from the manufactuer. what it does is relocate the shock angle so it doesnt stress the ball joints and such