YZ250f

xBLASTERx 420

Nov 11, 2008
New York
Im picking up a yz250f in a couple days this is gona be my first dirtbike my friends keep tellin me im kill myself on it but i think ill be fine wit a lil practice. What do u guys think

powervlaves? are your serious? you need to adjust the valves and change the oil like every 3 rides, do tjat and you will be fine. Just check the valve specs and adjust them when they need it and you will have a reliable bike. Dont shim them more than 3 times though, and more and they can break off. YOu need to put time into it, you should probly have to work on it as much as you ride it honestly, but you still have a better ride than the blaster in the end

powervlaves? are your serious? you need to adjust the valves and change the oil like every 3 rides, do tjat and you will be fine. Just check the valve specs and adjust them when they need it and you will have a reliable bike. Dont shim them more than 3 times though, and more and they can break off. YOu need to put time into it, you should probly have to work on it as much as you ride it honestly, but you still have a better ride than the blaster in the end
I think they are thinking of the yz 250

oh, and get a manual, jesus get that. Dont even work on it if you dont get one. AS for reliability i would get stainless steel valves ASAP, and a spring kit and keepers and retainers and stuff. You dont know how old these valves are. They came with titanium stock, and there are five valves, so if you get OEM look at about a 350 dollar bill. Go aftermarket. And make sure you keep your air filter clean and oiled with the right oil.ANd try to keep off the rev limiter if you can, but thatll be hard to find considering that it pulls like 13,000RPMS, 2000 more than a 125. And dont be worried about the power, they arent that much of a beast. Im not ragging on it or anything, im just saying that your not going to get hurt as soon as you pin the throttle, unless you are just stupid about it.

thanks for the advice guys, yea im deff gona pick up a manuel for the bike nd post pics of it wen I get it..I agreed to go pick it up next sunday from seller