yz250

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
I can get a 94 that needs a piston and ring should I go for it then try and drop it in a blaster is it that difficult to do like is it never going to get done my grandpa can weld so I dont think it will be that diffcult but I may be wrong also is there a way to put a thumb throttle on and the bike has a fmf pipe

Depends on how good you and gramps are. I've seen blasters with IT400, YZ 490 on CL, so anything is possible. If you get the bike and quad cheep enough go for it. Take some measurements before you pull blast motor to align sprockets, make sure motor is straight in frame. Check the forum also for info on doing it.

i have a decent blaster im going to try to get the whole bike for 400$ it needs a top end Im going to try to get all alignded in the chassis and then get all the motor mounts to work and then get the motor bored and ported with new reed boots and reeds and just a filter. and I seen people use a mojave readiator which I may consider. Well all I no is that my grandpa has every welding machine tool and I seen him put diffrent motors and stuff into his cars and says its easy. So I think he is good

a 94 Im not going to keep because it looks like a P.O.S and the only thing good is the motor+around where I ride a dirtbike isnt really suiteble

does anyone no what I should do about the electrical like I just wanna use all the dirtbike stuff with a teather kill also I want a tumb throttle is it posible to do that

now im looking and I found that I can get a 89 yz250 motor with everything for like 200$ is this the same motor as like the 90's and stuff or is this a low hp old pos motor

if it was done righti would do it, i think it would be cool to be rockin a water cooled 250 motor in a blaster.

now im looking and I found that I can get a 89 yz250 motor with everything for like 200$ is this the same motor as like the 90's and stuff or is this a low hp old pos motor

That's a good old motor with a cast iron sleeve that can be bored if it's not already bore to it's limit. Probably around 45hp. You can't get big bore kits for an old motor like that but you probably won't need it :)

That's a good old motor with a cast iron sleeve that can be bored if it's not already bore to it's limit. Probably around 45hp. You can't get big bore kits for an old motor like that but you probably won't need it :)

ooo thenim not going to use it becuase I was thinking if I ever get tired of the motor Im going to do a 310 big bore,reeds,big carb,and a custom fab pipe that makes power. well does this motor have the same mounting points and shape of the newer motors?becuase if I get this for 200$ ill get it already and say I start getting tired of it Ill find a new yz250 and get all the mtor work done and drop it in there

I say do it.
Hybrids are fun to build.

yea im defently going to do It but I was wondering if the older motors where any good im going to try to get like a 95 and up motor now so if anyone has a newer motor complete and readdy to drop in shoot me a pm.

Welp if you went with a 250r motor it wouldn't be as cheap
BUT
that 310 set up you were talking about in a Blaster would sure be fast I:I
Lots of work and $$$ though so be sure that's the route you want to take.

Welp if you went with a 250r motor it wouldn't be as cheap
BUT
that 310 set up you were talking about in a Blaster would sure be fast I:I
Lots of work and $$$ though so be sure that's the route you want to take.

its either I get this think into a fast 250 2 stroke like more a honda 250r im going to do +3+1 arms works shocks 4+extended swing arm and after im finishe with the pipe crome out the motor and get the pipe fully cementric coated so it looks like factory. Or I can get a 04-05 yfz450 which I really dont want. I think this will be a lot better bike then any 450 and alot more fun and faster. all 450's push 50ish hp and weight about 400 this is going to be like 330-350lbs and have about 60hp when finshed an dits going to be a complete mx setup I no this going to cost about 4-5g but in the long run this will be the best bike I will ever own and Ill be the most pround of because I build it from ground up.

No need to think about building or getting a 450 if your trying to ration money.
The other 2 options are both really good though.
I can personally tell you there is a good deal of pride that comes from building a hybrid yourself.
If ya go with a nice MX set-up on a 200 Blasty you can always part the goodies out later. Save your stock stuff for sure!

No need to think about building or getting a 450 if your trying to ration money.
The other 2 options are both really good though.
I can personally tell you there is a good deal of pride that comes from building a hybrid yourself.
If ya go with a nice MX set-up on a 200 Blasty you can always part the goodies out later. Save your stock stuff for sure!

i will never sell this if I build this lmao thats why if I sell all the stock parts all I need is the frame I will at least get a good 1000$ to spend on the new motor and everything to get started

does anyone exactly no which year the 250r was and like when it wasnt the cast iron sleve motor it was the new ones what year did the the newer non cast iron 250r come out

The 250r was from 1986-88.
But don't sleep on the earlier models.
Even in 83' they were counter balenced when they were adapted from the dirtbike to the 3 wheeler.
Look for atc250r if you can't find a trx250r (250r).

im not talking about the honda and im sure thats from 86-89 im taking about the non cast iron YZ engine 250 liqued cooled. when did they stop making the non cast iron slevve motor and it became to what we no today as the yz250 where u can to big bore and stuff