yfz 450 shock

97BoredOutBlasta

Feb 25, 2009
Hood River, OR
hey guys, anyone have a write up on installing this rear shock? pics? i would like to know, i dont wanna run into any surprises when i put it on. i kinda searched around the forum, didnt find much. anyone install a yfz 450 rear?

pretty sure they're way longer than the blasty's, prolly gonna have to make a new mounting point for the bottom, which changes the shocks geometry, imo, not worth doing, just get the honda 400ex or 450r, much simpler and just as good

You dont need to change the mounting point. Just cut the lower bracket and drill new holes. Get a new grade 8 bolt to hold it in place. up top you will need a few washers and another new bolt. its real easy. raises the rear of your blaster up a little.

well im 200 pounds so, when im on it, the lift shouldnt be a problem. so this is what i gotta do pretty much?

Attachments

• shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 320
yeah cut the shock just like you show

it doesnt have to be stiff. i was looking at a step by step way to adjust ur shock three differ ways to allow for a much more comfortable ride. i will try to find it and post it.