Yamaha YTM225 HELP PLEASE

dnoftz

Aug 9, 2011
Fremont OH
Looking for some help. I bought a Yamaha YTM225 3 wheeler because I use to have one years ago and loved it.

Here is some of the issue I am having. I have spark. Spark looks week to me but I do have spark. But still wont run.

Also one thing I dont understand is when I try to electric start it it cranks slow. But when I put my hand over the carb it will start cranking faster... Does this make sense to any one?

I did try a different coil and spark looks the same to me Just looks week not very bright any help or input is appreciated:(.

If you are restricting the air flow when you place your hand over the carb intake and it cranks faster, I would think that it could be starving starving for fuel.

You are forcing it into a complete choke situation and it may just be getting just enough mixture to make it want to try to start.

It may pay to look at the plug to see if it is getting wet. If it is the problem could be spark related.

If it is dry, then I would be paying attention to the carb by giving it a makeover and a cleaning.

Last edited:
If you are restricting the air flow when you place your hand over the carb intake and it cranks faster, I would think that it could be starving starving for fuel.

You are forcing it into a complete choke situation and it may just be getting just enough mixture to make it want to try to start.

It may pay to look at the plug to see if it is getting wet. If it is the problem could be spark related.

If it is dry, then I would be paying attention to the carb by giving it a makeover and a cleaning.

I did check the plug and it is getting wet. I have changed the coil 3 times and still getting spark but still wont start.