yamaha blaster

foxracin47x

Apr 13, 2008
mass
im rebuilding this porject blaster from frame up and didnt come with a cdi box or plug wire (both were lost).....so im thinking wire harness form stator runs up to under nose piece on bike.....plugs into cdi whcih is mounted under their,and spark plug wire goes up to cdi also? correct me if im worng..anyhelp is appreciated.. i need to buy a sparkplug wire and cdi btu qaint buying til i fogure this out so i can buy everything at once....and which 2 wires in harness go to headlight which 2 o kill switch? thanks

Yeah I belive Yellow is the brights... black ground and maybe green is low? I think.
I just rewired my light the other day it was not working.

well which wires are which for the headlight dont matter to me...i got no headlight just a wire screen in the nose piece...the wires that plug to cdi are probably identical in color right?

also..underneath the gastank along the frame beside top of carb theirs a bracket with 2 holes for 2 bolts......is that wheir the coil from the plug mounts??

The bracket you described is for the coil and the plug wire comes directly off of that.You will need a voltage regulator if you ever plan to run lights.The cdi should be a plastic molded plug that can only plug into the cdi.88-02 cdi's are different than the 03-06.I believe you want the 88-02.When you get a headlight the colors will match up color for color.

heres a few pics to help you out.These are from a 99 blaster.

33nerh4.jpg

w8t0ky.jpg

11760er.jpg

2953fba.jpg

ok well i have no headlight or brakelight so dont need voltage regulator...have mesh in hood. bikes an 03, so i need the newer cdi..plug wire is attatched to coil? or they plug together...hole problem was bike came in pieces....hole things together but im missing (cdi,coil,plugwire) so im a little lost haha

this is the only one I have on the pc that shows an 03.I will get more tommorrow for you.

10r6d6v.jpg

ok well i have no headlight or brakelight so dont need voltage regulator...have mesh in hood. bikes an 03, so i need the newer cdi..plug wire is attatched to coil? or they plug together...hole problem was bike came in pieces....hole things together but im missing (cdi,coil,plugwire) so im a little lost haha

I believe the coil and wire are one unit.The coil and wire can be from any hear blaster also.They did not change for the most part.