Yamaha Blaster Project

I got a cdi if you need it still
Hi mate thanks but i just bought one today im in the uk so i just got one from the uk just so i can get it quick. but thanks for offer :) im job hunting at the minute as im finding it hard to raise funds for to start my upgrades so just getting quad running for now until i find work and then il start once i get money in the bank.

No problem,, my blaster I shorted out my pickup coil And thought my cdi was bad, so I have a extra,,, god luck on job Hunting

yeah well im hoping once i fit the cdi and this wiring loom it will fire up as my stator looks good (has been rewound by previous owner) i was abit concerned as it had water coming out of it when i took cover off but its bone dry inside with just a small dirt puddle at bottom but wasn't anywhere near stator its self. i may upgrade the exhaust after new year as il have the money there for that but its mainly the shocks and a-arms,swingarm,nerf bars and plastics that are expensive lol if i manage to get a job from the places iv applied at il just be fitting elkas to it instead of works as i like the elkas better more expensive but better shocks for where i ride as well

Elkas are def better (get what you pay for) but don't be discouraged if you can only buy works. I recently got works triple rates and holy cow what a difference. Where I ride there are a LOT of rocks and roots, literally more roots than dirt lol. It used to be a miserable bumpy 2nd gear ride and now I can rip through the trails in 4th. Don't get me wrong it's still bumpy cause I'm obviously going over roots and rocks but I'm not about to get thrown off my quad they're amazing shocks.

Elkas are def better (get what you pay for) but don't be discouraged if you can only buy works. I recently got works triple rates and holy cow what a difference. Where I ride there are a LOT of rocks and roots, literally more roots than dirt lol. It used to be a miserable bumpy 2nd gear ride and now I can rip through the trails in 4th. Don't get me wrong it's still bumpy cause I'm obviously going over roots and rocks but I'm not about to get thrown off my quad they're amazing shocks.

Cheers mate to be honest im not rushing into buying elkas as soon as i have the cash as id rather spend money getting my other stuff first. i plan once i find a job or get accepted into one of the ones iv applied for il just buy parts and pile them up ready to fit that way i don't have to wait on parts arriving. i may even buy works shocks and get elkas at a later date. iv had to buy a Stator for engine as i was speaking to my mums partner (hes a mechanic) and he said its blowing cdis due to company who rewound it who has put too many volts in it. just waiting on that and my cdi coming and il get it fired up. i plan to get my grandad to build me a leak down tester this week once iv done shed (need to widen door as i had to take 4 wheels off quad to get it in lol) also got a few bits to take off quad im selling the now (fenders,hood,rims rear tires) as there things i can afford to get the now just the more expensive stuff il have to wait for (a-arms,shocks,plastics,axle,extended swingarm,nerf bars etc) i was planning to get a over sized tank but not 100% sure yet as il need to find out if its going to match my plastic i get as don't want it different lol

I have works dual rate and love them. I got them rebuilt to my specific weight and machine. They are a great shock.

yeah i asked awk about them he had them on a blaster and said there good shocks. only downside to getting them is id have to dismantle them as id need to get spring powdercoated to match my colour scheme im doing yet elkas would match right up lol il see anyways iv applied for a few jobs so il see if i get one as one is temp work and one is permanent. il see how it goes though should know by next weekend :)

You could always just buy shock covers to match. I have black and red bike and was going to do that but then said screw it I have works and I'm gonna let em shine.

yeah iv had shock covers before but for stock shocks lol, got a assessment thing for amazon this week so il see how it goes if i manage to get a job il just get my a-arms,exhaust maybe my shocks of the money i make over the 3 months it is (temp work over christmas)

got my stator through yesterday. just waiting on my crimping thing coming to get it all connected up temp job blew up in end so now on hunt for something else. not hurry anyways as plan to run quad stock for a while since my last one was mostly in bits than actually together lol

Little update quad currently partly dismantled as connected my stator up. just waiting on my 2 stroke oil which should be here this week as it was dispatched today. (running on silkolene) as ran my last blaster on it

if it fires up with fresh fuel il be dismantling it as i have my money a side for my toomey exhaust and once it starts getting dismantled it will be left until i have done everythin i plan too not like my last one which i did so much off then put back together rode it a while then took it apart again lol got a meeting on thursday to see about finding work as cant find nothing near me. im waiting on my provisional coming through for to do my hgv but still to do my car licence before i apply for hgv training. but il make a build thread once i find work so i know i have funds coming in to do it :)

ordered a couple of new spark plugs and also a tors removal kit. quad is sparking fine but it wont fire up i think its similar problem to my last blaster when i first bought it and i fitted the tors removal kit and it fired right up after that so il try it on this one plus it will save me having to wait on it later on as its coming from the us