Yamaha Blaster Clutch

Dunecrazy

May 15, 2008
Hi All,

I have just rebuilt this blaster motor with a 68mm bore and new tusk clutch kit. I put the clutch together and felt the clutch basket and it had some play. Between the Basket and Gear there is a lil play. Is this common? Should there be some play? I want to get a new clutch basket for my blaster and need advice on brand, where to buy it and how do you install the new clutch basket to gear?

Thanks for the help!

-Dunecrazy

there shouldn't be any play, most have a little bit though. There are rubber isolators between the basket and the gear that wear/flat spot.

I got a PE clutch basket for my build, it was about 60 bucks cheaper than the other options and fit great.

As far as installation, all you do is drill and/or grind the rivets out and then the new basket will come with screws to put everything back together. Red loctite will be your friend here.

there shouldn't be any play, most have a little bit though. There are rubber isolators between the basket and the gear that wear/flat spot.

I got a PE clutch basket for my build, it was about 60 bucks cheaper than the other options and fit great.

As far as installation, all you do is drill and/or grind the rivets out and then the new basket will come with screws to put everything back together. Red loctite will be your friend here.

There is a video of the PE basket install on youtube
kenoconnorracing's Channel - YouTube

Two perfect responses!! I:I I:I