Works shocks

Does anyone else have these works shocks on their blaster from a banshee? Guy at Works company said there setup a little different.

I'm not totally sure, but when mine were rebuilt he said he thought they were from a banshee.

They got new springs and revalved and charged for me and my riding style. Couldn't be happier with them.

$200 is an awesome deal, get them

banshee works shocks have always been triple rate, where-as blasters are dual, but either works on either bike

160 lb rider on a heavier banshee will probably equal out to a 200 lb person on and smaller and lighter blaster

$200 is an awesome deal, get them

banshee works shocks have always been triple rate, where-as blasters are dual, but either works on either bike

160 lb rider on a heavier banshee will probably equal out to a 200 lb person on and smaller and lighter blaster
I'm probably going to get them. They're not bent or blown. I guess I have to!

I'm able to ride much harder with less effort with mine. They really open a Banshee up. Imagine what they'd do for a Blaster when the Banshee shocks are considered an upgrade.

considering works steelers are about $500 new, that still leaves a good cushion for re-working them.

Confirms the fact that the duals my son got for $100 were a steal. No clue what set-up but still way better than stock. That's why I fail to buy into stock Banshee shocks being an improvement. They suck on a Banshee, they'll suck on a Blaster. I think you all say " Oh wow I got Banshee shocks, it"s got to be great"

BTW, you can get Banshee shocks in dual rates.

Reactions: Herpderplol
That's why I fail to buy into stock Banshee shocks being an improvement. They suck on a Banshee, they'll suck on a Blaster. I think you all say " Oh wow I got Banshee shocks, it"s got to be great"

Coming from recently using stock Blaster shocks, the Banshee shocks were an improvement. That isn't to say that there isn't much room for improvement with the Banshee shocks (because there definitely is), but my wife noticed the difference and she's been riding for all of 4 months. I wouldn't recommend putting more than $40 into a set of Banshee shocks.

Putting that towards a set of good shocks would be highly recommended. Works duals in nearly any state will be an improvement over the stock Blaster shocks.

Blaster shocks < Banshee shocks < worn, incorrectly valved works shocks < functional incorrectly valved works shocks < functional, correctly valved works shocks

If I'd found some axis shocks for the Banshee for the price range that I was in, I would have snagged those up over the Works triples w/res. IMO, Axis are nearly as good as Elka. Unless you're racing professionally or you are doing some extremely hard riding on some very rough terrain, the Works will be more than enough.

I ride my Banshee HARD and I've only found the limits of Works shocks a few times. When I say hard, I wore the paint off of the bottoms of my a-arms and bottom front of my frame from bottoming out in sand over the course of 2 days. I torture my Banshee. If you saw how we ride, you'd think that the Works shocks are more than good enough.