wont rev !

cozmo

Jul 18, 2010
one day it runs fine the next it dont it wont rev the carb is clean check it twice un plugged the tors i think the three pronged box under he hood any advise? could removeing the key have anything to do with it?

what year bike we talkin bout here????
sounds like electrical to me, does hitting water or washing it effect it at all, check all your grounds, one under the hood on the voltage regulator screw and one on the coil under the tank
and since you've already started to unhook the tors, keep going and remove it all, unplug the carb too, and at the throttle

what year bike we talkin bout here????
sounds like electrical to me, does hitting water or washing it effect it at all, check all your grounds, one under the hood on the voltage regulator screw and one on the coil under the tank
and since you've already started to unhook the tors, keep going and remove it all, unplug the carb too, and at the throttle

it is a 98 fairly stock is there a thread how to remove the tors allready if so where does anyone have a link to a online service manual?

thanks that will help alot do you know how to remove the tors and would removing the key switch have anything to do with my problem

did you tape up the wires good when you removed the key ??? they cant be touching nuthin, or each other,
and just follow the tors wires, unplug the upper box under the hood, shifter side,
unplug the carb, right above the shifter, the plug not the seperate wires, and also cut and tape the wires that go to the thumb throttle

OK carb is clean, tors disconnected no problems with key switch wires any more suggestions HELP ME PLEASE I've fallen and I can't get up! where does the TORS system connect to the coil or where ever? It runs like it on a rev limiter. Any and all help would be apreciated

Sorry about earlier, I didn't notice you said it was a 98. unpluggin the tors box should eliminate it from the circuit. Make sure that the blk/wht wire that was hooked up to it is insulated or taped. Before you do so, if you have a meter check between this wire and ground. Should have infinite resistance. It is the kill wire, your key switch was wired into this line too. If it becomes grounded then no workie-workie.

If you find that this doesn't work or you don't have a meter, then try disconnecting the blk/wht temporarily from the cdi. This would eliminate the entire kill-line. Plug it back in to make your hadkebar kill switch work.

If none of this helps then you are going to need a meter to ck all the coils (stator, pulse and ignition) Good instructions in the manual starting page 7-7.