Won’t start

Stan02895

Jul 16, 2024
Rhode Island
Just put a new top end on my blaster (eBay kit) . I have plent of compression and spark is good. Carb is clean and clear with pod filter. Fuel is reaching the carb from the tank.
Here’s where I’m confused:
I poured some gas in the cylinder and it still didn’t fire!!!
Possible crank seal??? Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Thanks in advance

Welcome .. before you poured fuel in did you notice if the plug was wet with fuel or dry. Are you using a new sparkplug? If it's been down for awhile before new topend it might have a nest in the pipe. Look for the simple things first. If you have a decent mix of fuel, spark & compression it should make some noise.

Reactions: Stan02895
Welcome .. before you poured fuel in did you notice if the plug was wet with fuel or dry. Are you using a new sparkplug? If it's been down for awhile before new topend it might have a nest in the pipe. Look for the simple things first. If you have a decent mix of fuel, spark & compression it should make some noise.
That’s for the response. The plug seemed dry and really didn’t smell of fuel. Tried 3 different plugs (all new). Just picked the quad up so don’t know much more about it. However the crank looked new as well and was tight at the connecting rod

Has TORS been removed or disabled? Is oil injection still working or do you premix? Did you disassemble the carb and clean jets & passages?

Last edited: