wiring lights without handlebar switch ?

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
i had a thread a while ago on how do you wire lights but i just left that out and went and found out my own way so i started by finding out were the positive and negative was on the circuit so i started here - i connected a long lead to the red connector under the hood
jion5e.jpg

i then ran the wire down under the fuel tank and cable tied it on to the frame on the left side.
6ftqpf.jpg

i then drilled a hold on the left side of the storage space under the seat and pushed the wire through then secured with hot glue
15occ91.jpg

then i went and mounted my tail light with hot glue but it really does stick hard, then i drilled another hole just on the back side of the seat pouch and put the wire through and secured with another bit of hot glue !
hvtpj9.jpg

then i mounted my 2 main front headlights i used the normal head lamp mount and cable tied the 2 strobe lights to it and then and then wrapped the 2 positives and negatives together into basically one wire then added another wire that was long enough to run to the seat pouch i used the same way as i used for pic number 2 and 3.
332x8p3.jpg

finally i got to the end, this is where it gets tricky, i wrapped the headlight and the tailight wires together and put them in the connector block its the 2 wee block you see at each side of the picture its easier than using a soldering iron and far quicker, so i basically put a connector on the power source and a connector on both lights and then i can disconnect in day time and connect at night it didnt really take that long but it will do for now
2yz0exk.jpg

here is a pic of the front
iooyle.jpg

tell me what you'se think I:I

Reactions: Blaaster
aight i want to eliminate the swith 99 percent sure its bad did all tests before i buy a new one can i just unplug it runa wire from the plug were it goes up to the handle bar switch can i just splice into the yellow/red wire and run it straight to the light and same with ground just ground the light out ? would this work or no i just dont wana spend 45 bucks on a new switch if i can do this

yes that will work fine my blaster came without a switch so i didnt wanna spend money on one while i could of just done what i did, but if you dont have a small switch it will be on all the time like i did a connector so i can pull it out at daytime and put it in at night, or else you can just pull a wire off but id prefer a connector / switch..