wierd rattle

badabill1

Jul 9, 2010
i just got my first four wheeler and its a blaster with a stock 200cc enging its had this clacking noise when at a high rpm if it was a four stroke i say a rod or wrist pin noise...but it only does it at a steady high rpm if i just stap the throttle it wont do it. i have had for over a month and i realy give it its all i luv mud lol .the noise hasnt gotten worse just annoying..i know two stroke engines make a little racket but how much?

You are probly right about the source of the noise. every thing that goes through the carb goes through the crank, down side to 2 strokes. plus easier to work on cause of the simplisity of the 2 stroke motor.

well i think i can remove the side plate to inspect the crank pretty easy without removing the engine.. or is it easier to remove the jug instead?

the jug would be easier to check play on the rod bearings, stator cover is one way to check crank bearing play. hope that helps ya out

someone told me im running wrong mixture thats whats causing the noise im running 50 to 1 he said try 30 to 1 and should do better....could it be?

run 32/1 or 36/1 they are the best proven mixtures for the blaster. sounds like you are getting detonation at high rpms to me which is bad you will distroy a piston with constant detonation. and no you can't see the crank from the side covers you have to pull the jug. try adjusting the mixture if that doesn't fix the detonation problem you are running too lean. not enough gas and you will need to do some jetting work to figure it out. buy a mechanics manual on ebay it will tell you every thing you need to know. Infact all you guys should own one. working on a blaster with no expirience and blind is not a good way to go about things. 25 bucks on ebay can save you tons of guess work and heartache.