who owns hanguns and what kind do you like

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
does anyone have any handguns? im looking for a new one and wondered what everyone had/liked and what was the price

i like my 45-70, it's kinda large... but it's kinda fun just to sit around and shoot things out of trees with, good practice :p

i paid 320, but that was a fairly good deal... you may expect to pay 440? maybe ? idk on US prices right now.. cuz i hear that your economy is tanking again after i left (even worse than it already was whilest i was leaving)

but 440-500 sounds reasonable

well i mean it depends on what ya want to shoot so mabye a little more info? do you just want it for shooting range? security? or what

I own, have owned, several handguns. I regret selling most and made a piss poor trade that I have yet to forget. If it's for personal carry/protection, I'd go with a small semi automatic or a snub nose .357. I prefer revolvers. If you can't win with 6 shots, then the fight was too big to start with.
If you just like to shoot, I'd buy every handgun that appealed to me. I like Ruger, Taurus, Beretta, Glock, Springfield Armory.

In fact, for your first purchase, I'd recommend the Springfield Armory XD line of pitols. 9mm is the least expensive to shoot. .40S&W is nice - .45ACP would be my choice or .357sig

yeah my buddy has a 380 and i think i might go with that, i like the feel of it and it wasnt to pricy i cant remember the brand, he also has a 9mm high point, it was his first gun and like he said, if a guys stealing your tv, it doesnt matter if you have a 1000 dollar 9mm or a 100 dollar 9mm, at that range one shot will do it lol, but i want a personal carry gun that is also fun to target shoot

When I go up to the big city the areas I go to are right at the edges of the poorer neighborhoods (the HOOD!) and I always throw my Ruger P91 40S&W on the dash of the jeep, never had to use it, hope I never do, I've even had the CHP walk up to the Jeep at the boarder and see it there and just flag me right on threw! I to this day believe that he saw that pistol on the dash and thought to himself, dam Oregon RED NECK!!??
When I'm out in the woods my side arm is my Ruger Vaquero 44MAG.

yeah here in wv its easy to get the concealed weapons permit, its a few hours and 75 bucks and its legal in most states.

I forgot to mention Highpoint. They truly suck. There are only two machined parts - the rest are stamped. MADE IN THE USA though.