Where do you purchase your jets?

i get my jets from my local dealer, cernis suzuki for under $5 each
but if ordering more than 1, i'd go to Carburetor Parts Warehouse
order all you think you'll need all at once and only pay once for shipping

When my buddies need carb parts, I order everything I need and they need at the same time. A one time shipping charge.

I ordered 270-300 mains for the new DMC exhaust. It's a 45 min drive to the closest dealer. No sense in wasting my time and gas, no gain really. Doesn't hurt to shop around for better deals online.

Ok, I know I will get many negative comments here, but this is what I have been doing for MANY years. It started off when I was looking for jets I couldn't find anywhere (those days I didn't have much use of the internet either).
Having a small engineering setup/tools helps too.
I got a range of drill bits from 0.3mm upwards, then steps from 1mm in 0.1mm increments.
I drill the mains larger and play around until I get to the jet size that works, if I want it smaller, I solder the hole closed and redrill.
Once you find the correct size, you simply order the new jet in that size!

PS, I have actually run modified jets like that for years with no problems, enen the soldered ones.

This applies to main jets, I have not attempted doing it to pilots.

I have heard many people say im crazy, and that jets are manufactured precisely and have tapers etc etc etc, but this has worked for ME, and I'm sure it could help someone here, that does not have the money to spend on a handfull of jets, of which only 1 will be getting used.

If I may jump in here, one does need a handful of jets if one has varying temperatures and elevations to ride.

It is very hard to find a power point to plug the soldering iron into on the trails, let alone somewhere to charge the battery drill.

Sorry if I seem flippant, but I need a handful of main jets in the tool box to suit every occasion.

I fully see your point and I have many times soldered and re drilled a jet when all else fails, but a hand full of known jets are a must in every tool box.

I agree with you blaaster, but I also do understand that some people do have money issues too. And while growing up, I had to find cheaper ways of doing things, as money was very tite. My friends could afford just buying what they wanted, or sending it to be done at the experts, while i would do the reseach and do it myself. Its all part of the learning curve for me, lol.
Why buy something if you can make it.
Again, I am a person that likes challanges and doing custom fabing too.

Ok, I know I will get many negative comments here, but this is what I have been doing for MANY years. It started off when I was looking for jets I couldn't find anywhere (those days I didn't have much use of the internet either).
Having a small engineering setup/tools helps too.
I got a range of drill bits from 0.3mm upwards, then steps from 1mm in 0.1mm increments.
I drill the mains larger and play around until I get to the jet size that works, if I want it smaller, I solder the hole closed and redrill.
Once you find the correct size, you simply order the new jet in that size!

PS, I have actually run modified jets like that for years with no problems, enen the soldered ones.

This applies to main jets, I have not attempted doing it to pilots.

I have heard many people say im crazy, and that jets are manufactured precisely and have tapers etc etc etc, but this has worked for ME, and I'm sure it could help someone here, that does not have the money to spend on a handfull of jets, of which only 1 will be getting used.

it works for you #salute