when i rev my 05 blaster, it takes a minute to idle down to normal. . no leaks.. HELP PLEASE

is the oil injection still connected?,it moderates it pretty good and dont smoke very much,also you can check to see if your losing oil by drain it and measuring it,funnel directly into empty bottle oil trans oil,but the amount that it is leaking may not be so apparent...does it smell like it is burning,other then the 2 stroke oil, or is there oil leaking out of the cases out of the bottom of engine....i believe what blaaster said about seals is the problem...unless you are leaking oil on the ground.!

Last edited:
Also there is no gasket to seal the crank case but i havent noticed it leaking.. never really looked till agter a day of riding..

put cardboard under it, that will tell you:) then smell it to see if it is oil or just a bit of gas that cameout.. is the nipple on carb blocked off where ythe oil line connected,kickstart side.

Its not a gasket its a seal from the crank case to the clutch/trans side where your oil is.. If the seal is bad it will suck the trans oil into the crank case and burn it off.. When they are real bad they smoke real bad and you can smell it, foul plugs, run lean, lose trans fluid like Houdini stole it, then Bang! no more engine.. Get a leak tester you owe it to yourself and your bike to have one (and all of us forum guys) so we can direct you in the right direction if indeed it passes a leak test. .. Let me look for a picture for you of the seal. there are 2 that are hidden that starting fluid wont find..

Reactions: bummer981
Okay and the exhaust doesnt smell of burnt oil, it smells like straight up 2 stroke exhaust and is running at 120 psi compression

I really do think your Blaster is a candidate for a leak test.

A little wisp of light blue smoke is normal at 32;1, if the smoke is white you have a problem oil seal.

It is light blue in color and faintly poofs at idle and when i rev it, i get a nice poof of light blue smoke, i am going to invest in a leak tester asap, what is the best trans oil to use?

Gearbox oil,

10w30 motor oil earlier than SG rating, no friction modifiers.

Auto trans fluid type F

Off the shelf gear oil designed for air cooled motorcycles with a wet clutch.

yamaha made the 4 wheeler why not go with them lol:) I use this..

yamalube.jpg

Reactions: Colton Case
yes i use this.everyone has there favorite as long as its the right type...in my opinion 80w might be better for your gears,but it is not better for your clutch ,although it is easier to replace clutch then gears,i bet any yamaha dealership would suggest 10w40 or this one i posted ,give them a call:) it 20w40w not 30 like you wrote:eek: