What's out there for pipes?

noah9988

Sep 15, 2024
Looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my blaster. I've done a bit of searching and it seems many of the pipes people mentioned a decade ago or more are no longer being made. I'm mainly considering a Toomey or Fat Bastard for the most top end. List of mods: No airbox lid, 28mm Mikuni, Vforce4 reeds (real or fake, idk), ported (by me), Ken OConnor head, premix 32:1. I'm at most 100' above sea level and using a 340 jet. It seems pretty damn fast, it'll pull the wheels up in third. I've also tested the top speed before putting the head on at 60mph. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

If it were me, I’d look up “Yamaha yfs200 blaster” group on Facebook and join it. The only reliable, honest group I’ve found that keeps the scammers at bay. Toomey is basically dead people been waiting a year. I would look into a dynoport as it’s the only reasonably priced right bend still being made. The “top of the crop” exhaust for blaster is the PVR performance right bend, but they’re about $14-1500 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, if you join that fb group I mentioned people are selling used LRDs and all the old good nostalgic stuff pretty regularly

If it were me, I’d look up “Yamaha yfs200 blaster” group on Facebook and join it. The only reliable, honest group I’ve found that keeps the scammers at bay. Toomey is basically dead people been waiting a year. I would look into a dynoport as it’s the only reasonably priced right bend still being made. The “top of the crop” exhaust for blaster is the PVR performance right bend, but they’re about $14-1500 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, if you join that fb group I mentioned people are selling used LRDs and all the old good nostalgic stuff pretty regularly
I ended up getting the vito's after contacting toomey and not getting a reply. Vito's pipes were ready to ship. Something might be going on because I'm not that impressed with the pipe, doesn't seem like it gave me that much more power but killed the mid range. Strangely it runs good with the same jet size as the stock pipe, or maybe 1 size bigger. Maybe the stock air intake is limiting the airflow? I have a pod filter that I'm going to put on. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

I ended up getting the vito's after contacting toomey and not getting a reply. Vito's pipes were ready to ship. Something might be going on because I'm not that impressed with the pipe, doesn't seem like it gave me that much more power but killed the mid range. Strangely it runs good with the same jet size as the stock pipe, or maybe 1 size bigger. Maybe the stock air intake is limiting the airflow? I have a pod filter that I'm going to put on. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
If you’re not running a BB then the fat bastard is probably underwhelming as it was spec’d to be ran with a 240 kit

If it were me I’d find “Tyler reeves” on fb that runs the group I mentioned earlier, and buy a Vito’s 240 BB from him with a wiseco piston. Then I’d send the top end out and at bare minimum get it ported. If you want to sacrifice reliability for power like me get your head cut and run race gas. Then find a 35mm pwk air Stryker and be ready to have your mind blown

If it were me I’d find “Tyler reeves” on fb that runs the group I mentioned earlier, and buy a Vito’s 240 BB from him with a wiseco piston. Then I’d send the top end out and at bare minimum get it ported. If you want to sacrifice reliability for power like me get your head cut and run race gas. Then find a 35mm pwk air Stryker and be ready to have your mind blown
I did know it is supposed to be for a big bore but it says in the description it can be used with stock bore as well. I have a Chinese top end and I ported the cylinder myself and put a Ken O'Connor head on it. It also has a 28mm mikuni. When the top end goes I will get the big bore.