What would you do?

JD3020

Oct 30, 2008
Farmersville, Ohio
First off, dont start anything about me buying a 4 stroke. Ive looked around on Craigslist, and the cheapest banshee i can find is about 1700, and the cheapest blaster is about 1000. But ive found two good deals on Warriors. The one is what i posted up a while ago, here is a picture of it.
Picture016.jpg

The guy told me it has a aftermarket exhaust, springs, rims, razr2 rears, and it was honed and re-ringed. Plus what you see in the picture. It comes with another warrior motor, stock rims and tires, razrs without rims, holeshots on rims, and some other stuff. But he said it needed a new stator, and some carb work. He wants 750 for it, but i havent emailed him in a week so i emailed him last night, and im waiting to see if he still has it.

But last night i found another one for 450. The engine is bored, jet kit, racing clutch, full Yoshimura racing exhaust, but i cant tell what tires are on it. The only problem is it has a bad crank.
3nb3o43l4ZZZZZZZZZ922be8e00f14ddb1422.jpg

So im curious, which one would you guys take? One with a few mods, fairly stock motor, but a bunch of other goodies. Or one with motor work, but needs a new crank? Most likely im going to get the first one i found, mainly because of the stuff that comes with it.

i think that JD3020 wants a quad for trails don't get me wrong a blaster is good on trails as well. i would not buy that warrior with a bad crank because 1 pain in the ass to replace/switchout 2 would cost alot

the one with black and red fenders looks a lil beat up so i would check it over before you buy it and check the frame most of all! i have seen warrior frames break in areas because they are top heavy if you decide to buy the red/black one i would gussket the frame for more support. a warrior is a little bit sluggish compared to a blaster

keep in mind a 4 stroke has more moving parts so more moving parts= more things could fail and the engines are more complicated and takes experience to take apart the engine to replace intererior parts like a bad crank for example.

if you want a 4 wheeler that u can throw around do wheelies and go fast while nearly sliding off the seat every once in a while find a blaster you are bound to find a cheap one sometimes and there is no limit to upgrades since 2 stroke parts are cheaper

just my opinion hope this sums it up

ohh fyi i had a chance to buy a warrior with a pipe aftermarket handle bars and tires or the blaster with a pipe and few bolt ons and i chose the blaster and i am very happy with my decision

2strokes are the sh*t. they are my fav and always will be. But 4strokes are nice for trails, good low end, controllable, warm up fast in the winter, and are much more forgiving,

But nothing replaces the snappy power and crispness of a well tuned 2stroke.

So realy, its whatever good deal you can come across. and more importantly what YOU want!

Yeah, i love 2 strokes, and i would like to get a Banshee sometime, but for the most part all i do is ride trails around here that we make. I like not having to worry about premix or oil injection on our Foreman. I just fire it up, and go ride around everywhere. For what i want a Warrior is better then a Blaster or a Banshee. Im not to worried about weight or power, mainly just reliability. Most likely dad wouldnt let me get the one with a bad crank, so im waiting on a email about the first one i found.

I will always be riding a 2 stroke though, but only in the winter. I dont plan on getting out of snowmobiling for a long time.

I live in southeast michigan. I did a craigslist search for blasters and banshees. Found 2 blasters for 500 a banshee for 1200 and a banshee for 1400. If you wanna pay me for gas and a little extra ill deliver one to your front door.

2 strokes are more reliable the most of the 4 strokes. Hardly any electronics, no battery, mix the gas and go. You can mix 1 six gallon jug an itll last all week. Doing a rebuild on a 2 stroke is 1000x easier than on a 4poke also. Blasters and banshees make awesome trail quads as well, dont let anyone convince you otherwise.

the first bike looks rough as hell, and i really wouldnt by one broken from what the person tells you! Im sure you could wait and find one in your price range in a lil better shape! it may take a lil while but it would pay to wait in the end! hope it helps

if you have to get something now wait and get a Blaster. four stroke is a joke and more parts=more pain in the ass+more money to fix. not to agree with sparky but if he can bring you one for 500 plus gas and cash for his time then that would be a better deal then the red and black with all the aftermarket dirt and the other one that would need a new crank. wait and get the Blaster and soon after your friends will have they're Warrior's on ebay =))

Another thing ive been thinking about doing. I might get the first warrior, and clean it up and get it running good. It will give me something to do. Take a look at the spare motor and clean it up good. Then this spring sell the spare motor for 250, i saw one around here for 300, sell the warrior for 1000(thats cheap for around here), and then sell all the tires and spare rims. Maybe get 13 or 1700 out of it all if im lucky and smart about everything, then look at buying a banshee in the fall. Unless i get the Warrior and really like, and then i decide to keep it. But ive never ridden a warrior, banshee, or a blaster so dont know if i like one over the other.