what tires and rims should I buy

H0LESH0T

Nov 23, 2008
Indiana
I need help getting tires and rims for my blaster i was looking at some holeshots with dougles rims but not sure what do you guys think?

razor backs and holeshot fronts. and on a blaster you don't need reenforced rims or anything, but i perfer itp rims, because i think the douglas rims are a little thin, plus itp rims are generally a little cheaper

make sure u get like 4ply tires cause 6ply i was told are to heavy on a blaster and w.e rim u get wether itp or douglas get .190 so their thick and dont bend

i don't personally have razr's, but i have ridden with a few people that do, and i have to say i was very impressed with how they performed on the trails as well as thru mud. i have holeshots, and they are really good for dry dirt or grass, but once it rains or you go in the mud, all your doin is spinning...

i just switched from holeshot sx to maxxis razr mx yellow labels, the razrs hook up much better but the holeshots last longer and they are cheaper

make sure u get like 4ply tires cause 6ply i was told are to heavy on a blaster and w.e rim u get wether itp or douglas get .190 so their thick and dont bend

who the hell told you that?? the bike shop I go to frequently told me that the weight difference is miniscule. and for woods riding recommended the 6 ply because of sticks, branches, rocks, etc

I just got some 20s and i was runnin 18s both itp and there is a huge weight difference. but i dont think much different on the ply. soft the better hook up but shorter life. the itps i have now bite like a mofo. punch in second and u will be on ur ass

I prefer the turftamers for mx racing. There cheap, you can groove them yourself and one set will last you a season