What shocks really fit.

C

chrisorbics

I have a 1994 blaster with a lot of mods but the shocks are all stock and they are just to stiff and unforgiving. I want to buy a set of shocks that are better than what I have but I do not want to spend too much money. Everyone says banshee shock will probably work but does anybody actually have them on their blaster? I really do not want to buy banshee or 400ex shocks and find out that they do not work. Also how good do they work on a blaster. I have head that if you get shocks from a heavier quad and put them on something light weight like a blaster that it will ride really stiff. Right now my blaster is fast but once I hit bumps or a section of woops the quad just bounces when it lands or it just lands really hard. Even over small bumps it just rides like a go kart. What shocks are you guys using and how good do they ride?

i know people who have 400ex shocks on their blaster
i am going to mount my 250r shock on my blaster in a week

Banshee shocks fit on the front, but not the back. The banshee shocks raise your front end up an inch though. 400ex shocks bolt on the rear, but I'm not sure about the difference in height. 250r shocks fit on the rear to, probably better than the 400ex because the 250r is lighter and still has better shocks.

I have a 250r rear shock on mine and its great. The front are used works dual rate at's. I got a good deal on them. I do not recommend using shoks from other quads. They will not perform correctly.

I mounted a warrior rear shock on mine. I MX'ed it with the stock shocks then with the warrior rear shock man i was doubleing my height due to the softer landing an it was better at making the jump.

the only thing is idk how to upload pictures onto the page.. i think i did once but idk how to anymore please help

i just read a DIY from some website about the 250r shock. 86 and below is +3 inches longer than blaster, 87-89 is +1.5 longer. This guy got the rod shortned 1 inch and revalved for his weight. He showed pics of it after completion. With him sitting on it it was the height a stock blaster was with no one on it. He also said it was great because it was at 1/3 preload and was a great ride. Ill see if I can find the site again.

my rear shock is probably the same shock that rolled off the assembly line in
'92 and it bottoms out just by sitting down....i would really like something that can handle my weight and height...i am 6'3 by the way.

To install the 250r shock you just have to take out the upper shock bushing. It has an inner and outer piece. Take out the innser piece and it will bolt right up using the stock bolt. The bottom needs to be drilled out becasue the slide bolt is to small. So you need to drill the bottom shock and the swing arm to fit a larger bolt. Other than that its very straight foward.

To install the 250r shock you just have to take out the upper shock bushing. It has an inner and outer piece. Take out the innser piece and it will bolt right up using the stock bolt. The bottom needs to be drilled out becasue the slide bolt is to small. So you need to drill the bottom shock and the swing arm to fit a larger bolt. Other than that its very straight foward.

This make little to no sense? You have to drill out the bottom of the shock because the slide bolt is too small? If the slide bolt is to small why would you want to make the hole in the shock and swing arm even larger?