What have you done to your blaster today

Blastie240

Oct 21, 2012
I know everyone here is always workin on/cleaning their blasters so just give a little update as to what you have did to it (hence the title)
Today and yesterday I polished my front bumper ,clutch handles,and break handle. soon to come is the shock rezzie brackets.
waiting for my a-arms to come in and the wheelbearings so I can bolt em on and give the bike a good clean down . Ill have pics up soonI:I

Im doing work for a friends blaster. it ran poor and would not shift past 3rd gear. I got in on the bench and tore it down. He had a Bent shifter rod The one that the shifter bolts to (needed to be cut out to split the cases), had a bust in case (chain hit the case), seized clutch (the damage from the chain hitting case), BurnT clutch plates, #1 and 3 shifter forks damaged and 0 sealer holding the cases togeather.
Should have that back togeather in acouple days.

haven't touched my white blasty since snapping 2 chains,
but i did take my black one out yesterday and administered a thorough azz whopping on a couple rappy 250's my neighbors just bought

Im doing work for a friends blaster. it ran poor and would not shift past 3rd gear. I got in on the bench and tore it down. He had a Bent shifter rod The one that the shifter bolts to (needed to be cut out to split the cases), had a bust in case (chain hit the case), seized clutch (the damage from the chain hitting case), BurnT clutch plates, #1 and 3 shifter forks damaged and 0 sealer holding the cases togeather.
Should have that back togeather in acouple days.

Do you have the parts you need to make the repair?

haven't touched my white blasty since snapping 2 chains,
but i did take my black one out yesterday and administered a thorough azz whopping on a couple rappy 250's my neighbors just bought

Why is it breaking chains?

On mine; I bored the shock mount to size for the bearing I'm using. I have to grind a tool to cut the lock ring groves. I bought a set of calipers last night. I forgot and missed an 04/05 GSXR caliper on ebay, it went for $5.00. I'm using parts off my 04 on my 01 but I'll be replacing the stuff as I find it cheap. I'm still not sure if I'll ever put it back together or not but want to have all the parts, just in case.

Do you have the parts you need to make the repair

Yea i have a bucket-o-parts and had some mint shifting forks and the shaft that shifts the star. Made some cash to fund my builds and find something new ever time i open one of these up!!! I:I

My bike hasnt had much work done to it in awhile just really been holdinn the old girl. Last thing i did to it was installed my toroidal head and i like it, alto i do need to do a squish test as to i dono where i am with it.

Im Going to be getting a new topend for it here soon!!!

Polished my rezzie brackets,outer beadlock ring, painted the little plates behind the rims and stared at it for a good 2 hours deciding what I wanna do next before my a-arms come.... debating on puting chrome bars on not sure

i broke one of mine yesterday and sandblasted the clutch cover and polished the circle where it says yamaha and going to paint the letter not sure on a color yet

just picked my blaster up a few weeks ago new rims and tires and already has engine work but having a problem getting fuel on the spark plug some im having the carb rebuilt hoping thats the problem look at pics tell me what u thinkI:I
IMG_20121028_122124.jpg
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp213/demo1991/IMG_20121027_171648.jpg http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp213/demo1991/IMG_20121027_184257.jpg :D

bought some mothers aluminum polish to finish of the rims will have pics soon when it comes home from the shop

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the black n orange,i bet it was great for chasing trick or treaters lol.

I put a new front sprocket on today ,my old one was needles and a broken tooth,then took it for a ride first time in 2 weeks,it broke my collar bone some good 2 weeks aggo and has been sitting,
Also replaced a snapped off exhaust stud.

I sat on it!, drilled a larger hole in the swinger skid, tightened up the rear axle, think I'm gonna need a new 3-piece lock nut. Then i fired that biotch up and it poured down rain. :(